Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 5:23 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC

[ 4 posts ] 
 Time for a bug report 
Post Time for a bug report
To begin, one thing I found from the beginning of Coop Or Die is that the sounds go crazy at some point in a game. Like, instead of the clicks parasites normally make when they pat the floor, they are replaced with the infantry death soundclip.
Another very recent, and deadly, bug is the rare spawning. It seems to happen when returning to a map (Like base2, when returning from base3 (Comm Center) or q2dm7 (Rush for the Head)). Reminds me of the "RPC_Error : no reply" error, has the same causes. This consists of strange and random appearances of entities (There are ammo_bullet s, item_armor_shard s, misc_teleporter s, misc_teleporter_dest s (Altough they are NOT normally visible in single player, i think).

This looks really strange. I, or JudicatorOmega, could send you a screenie or two about this...

Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:31 pm
1 h [CrusardTest] is login using classic quake2 3.20
1 h [CrusardTest] enter StartMap
1 h [CrusardTest] enter Outer Base
59 min [CrusardTest] enter Installation
52 min [CrusardTest] enter Comm Center
48 min [CrusardTest] enter Lost Station
19 min [CrusardTest] stop his server

I just notticed the connection to the worldserver was lost somehow when I exited Lost station (That is, when I WENT BACK to base3). However, I didn't seen any anomalies in Comm Center. After returning base3, I completed the objective and returned to base2, then everything went crazy like I wrote above...

Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:36 pm
Another thing, I just played Crash and Massacre with my testchar, and when I got back from q2dm4 I spawned into a monster_soldier. To degrip from it I bounced a grenade over the wall and took the damage to kill it 8) . I don't think this is about the xml file.

Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:47 pm
Another thing, I just played Crash and Massacre with my testchar, and when I got back from q2dm4 I spawned into a monster_soldier.

The same thing has happen to me the day I have tested "Crash and Massacre". Is your spawning location right ? Then, there is maybe an existing soldier (in original map) that can be on this place. The mine entrance map is automatically saved by the egine when you reach "crash ..." and reloaded when you come back, so if a monster has moved during your 1st visit and was on the wrong place when the map was saved, then you are spawned on him when you come back.

"RPC_Error : no reply" can have various and sometime critical consequence. The main thing is that xmlrules aren't sended, so if you are on the startmap : no teleporters, or if you are playing an additionnal mission : nothing ...

Crusard wrote:
To begin, one thing I found from the beginning of Coop Or Die is that the sounds go crazy at some point in a game. Like, instead of the clicks parasites normally make when they pat the floor, they are replaced with the infantry death soundclip.

Curious ... I have no idea :(

Crusard wrote:
Another very recent, and deadly, bug is the rare spawning. It seems to happen when returning to a map (Like base2, when returning from base3 (Comm Center) or q2dm7 (Rush for the Head)). Reminds me of the "RPC_Error : no reply" error, has the same causes. This consists of strange and random appearances of entities (There are ammo_bullet s, item_armor_shard s, misc_teleporter s, misc_teleporter_dest s (Altough they are NOT normally visible in single player, i think).

This looks really strange. I, or JudicatorOmega, could send you a screenie or two about this...

Yes, send me a screenie, and if possible save the console log and send it too

thx for this bug report Crusard ;)

Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:39 pm
 [ 4 posts ]