Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 4:40 am It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hot new development... 

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:15 am
man i did not know until now how far the d2 addiction has spread i have been drueling over the 1.10 release although i am almost in tears right now because my account with 6 80+ char and all elite armor has been stolen..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:30 am
Post Re: Map review
Pat AfterMoon wrote:
The final architecture will probably be similar to :

COOP or DIE startmap, with teleporters to other StartMap (I will create it)
:arrow: IDsofware classic missions startmap (the actual COOP or DIE startmap)
----:arrow: teleporter for 1st map of unit1
----:arrow: teleporter for 1st map of unit2 ...
:arrow: The Huge startmap (with info and maybe a sort of bio displayed on walls)
----:arrow: teleporter for 1st map1 of the Stench serie
----:arrow: teleporter for 1st map1 of other unit if he release some ...
:arrow: Another map author startmap (with info and maybe his bio painted on texture)
----:arrow: teleporter for 1st map of the a a unit
----:arrow: teleporter for 1st map of another unit ...

Here's an idea...maybe it's already in your head ;)

A 'central regestry' of COD missions (baseq2, stench, whatever) that can list info such as --
    Title
    Author
    Inital .bsp filename
    Mirrors of the Pack (fileplanet, edgenetwork, blues, you know?)

How would you code a downloader into the gamex86.dll?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:57 am

LOGIN SCREEN

Catch my drift?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:03 am
he already got an login screen in the first release

Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:09 pm
Post Re: Map review
Gleeb wrote:
A 'central regestry' of COD missions (baseq2, stench, whatever) that can list info such as --
    Title
    Author
    Inital .bsp filename
    Mirrors of the Pack (fileplanet, edgenetwork, blues, you know?)

Yes, it will be on the website, I will add a true download page for coop or die, in place of the actual aftermoon one (more oriented for developers).

Gleeb wrote:
How would you code a downloader into the gamex86.dll?

It is planned for future development, but probably not for COOP or DIE. I don't actually know if it will be inside the dll or maybe in another exe. there will maybe has a sort of game launcher exe for the future worldserver, with automatic update of data. But I'm not sure about the "architecture" of the system.

Gleeb wrote:
do you hate me yet

He he, no, I like you Gleeb :lol:

For a login screen, I don't know if it is possible. For apply the wsrv_login command, you must be inside the game (with a map loaded).
adding +map pregame +wsrv_login yourname yourpass to your Quake2 command line is the better way.
Maybe if it can work with something like +map picturename.pcx ...
but currently I haven't found a solution without modifying the engine (and I don't want).

But the future pregame and startmap will probably adopt the AfterMoon (future relooked) design. and I will probably put ads of my future development in these maps.

But If you want to add content to COOP or DIE, in the same spirit of the "mappers author maps" It could be fun to add community room, with players avatar, and of course a Hall of Fame for Challenge mode Champions !

Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:10 pm
he already got an login screen in the first release

This screen was engine side, and like I've writen above, I don't want to modify an engine for COOP or DIE (I want to let players choose Q2Max, Classic client, ...)

For a dll login menu, I know how create a menu, select option, but I don't know any exemple of text typing. all key you hit are executed as binded command.
If you know a dll side exemple of text entering similar to what is inside engine menu, tell me, because for name and password i need it.

But the command like I've indicated above is probably the better solution.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:17 pm
you could do it so the console comes down and tells you to enter your
name and then your password. when you are down it goes up and the level changes/he logs in.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:23 pm
i like the login method as of right now cause if i got like 1 health all i do is hit the login button zip back to start map and i go to maps that give u health.. this almost never works i end up dieing but the option is still there

EDIT: this assumes u have binded login to a button ;)

Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:22 am
Why not make a map (a good looking one, preferably) like pregame, and whenever you're in that map, show the login screen. You can add that client side can't you?

Oh, damn... no text feild in a hud :|

Hmm... An external launcher? It could pass the password to the exe (maybe a hash of it) and log in like that... just a thought ;)

Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:55 pm
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2