Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 11:56 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

[ 6 posts ] 
 Its A Conspiracy... 
Post Its A Conspiracy...
OK, I played COOP or DIE today, and I can coem to the conclusion, you guys are really trying really hard to kill me arent you? My day was pretty average... I decided to play soem COOP or DIE because someone named caronte was beating me in the hardcore mode. Everything that can go wrong happens to me. I play The Punishment, I had to assure myself there is no way you are going to punish me, I beat the level and actualy brought the railgun & BFG with me to the regular missions. afer 2 levels my loot disappeared (I think I was disconnected from the worldserver for 2 levels then reconnected.) I still didn't have a blaster riffle so the most critical ammo was waisted on walls and stuff. When I return to Jail2 with the red keycard, the soldiers gone crazy start making the most awefull monster noises scared me so hard. Later on I get the security pass and when returning to Jail3, the doors are locked. I got around and got confused into thinking I already had the pyramid key with me, big mistake because the doors were locked and I had to jump out the window to the pyramid and couldn't get out of there. I reload the game starting from Jail3 to get the pyramid key, when I got the key and returned, I was totaly unable to get to the pyramid enterance... the elevator was up, and the yellow laser was turned on, I had a grenade and tried to grenade jump up to the elevated area but failed... I went back to the previous level and had to reload again to stock up on ammo backpacks for grenades, I came back to Jail3 and had to rekill the enemies and the Tank ontop, the tank gave me a complete bloodbath thanks to Quake2maX. I finnaly grenade jumped to the top with only 43 HP left, I regained it pretty quick. From there I pretty much started to beat the levels until I was asked to return to the beggining of the map. I managed to grab the secret rocket launcher with 70 ammo on the way. Some exremely tiny ship (unless my perspective is totaly wrong) asked me to climb aboard. I started the crash and massacre, and only got to kill half of all the enemies, (I didn't know that teh teleporter was the exit). When returning to Mintro, I start spawned with one of those enemies that hit you with their wierd arm. I coudln't kill him with a gun to get him off my spawn point, So I bounced grenades off the wall into us. He dies and I am thrown into the drink with no hope of getting out. I was losign health fast, I got to 1 HP then everything suddenly stopped... Was it a dream? no wait I pressed "`", "UPARROW", and "ENTER".

Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:38 am

I still can't play it since the weird thing of not being able to content the sevrer (even if I can go to rpc.aftermoon.net in IE)... And bodys tend to stack up in the very first level, right by the barrels. The very barrels I shoot by habit when I enter the level, causing packet overflows.

On the other hand, my Q1 'port' of the Worldserver technology is going well :)

Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:39 am
I play The Punishment ... I beat the level and actualy brought the railgun & BFG with me to the regular missions.

Hum, this couldn't occur, "The Punishment" is under a null dataset, and items can't (theorically) be moved from a dataset to another :(

JudicatorOmega wrote:
afer 2 levels my loot disappeared

Hue !

JudicatorOmega wrote:
I still didn't have a blaster riffle

Maybe again a bug about dataset, I will look at that.

JudicatorOmega wrote:
Later on I get the security pass and when returning to Jail3, the doors are locked ...when I got the key and returned, I was totaly unable to get to the pyramid enterance...

This bug occur because when you return to the startmap and re-enter in a map via a teleporter, it is like if you restart the game, your previous visit isn't saved. And the cross-level trigger used in this mission (when an action in a map has a consequence in another map) isn't saved :(

JudicatorOmega wrote:
I started the crash and massacre ... When returning to Mintro, I start spawned with one enemies on my spawn point

Yes, I have already see this bug, I must check that with Crusard.

Gleeb wrote:
I still can't play it since the weird thing of not being able to content the server (even if I can go to rpc.aftermoon.net in IE)

I really don't understand why you can't connect, maybe you can re-install the game, or check for some proxy/firewall setting of your PC ...

Gleeb wrote:
bodys tend to stack up in the very first level, right by the barrels. The very barrels I shoot by habit when I enter the level, causing packet overflows.

Yes, too many gibs ;) I will add a filter about dead body and limit their quantity per zone (actually it is the 20 more recent cadavers per map).

Gleeb wrote:
Yup, CoD has bugs

I'm afraid of yes :(

Gleeb wrote:
On the other hand, my Q1 'port' of the Worldserver technology is going well

He he, nice, I'm impatient to see that ;)
Quake or QuakeWorld ?

Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:06 am
Quake. I can't get a compilable QW source, and I don't like working from heavily modified bases, like the one's people will suggest ;)

Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:54 am
Hum, this couldn't occur, "The Punishment" is under a null dataset, and items can't (theorically) be moved from a dataset to another

It only happened because I was getting a "RPC Error: No Reply" during the time... I beat Makron (I tossed him so hard he fell into the lava and died), then I was taken back to the worldserver with a railgun still in my inventory, so I went to jail1, and lost my extra guns when I got to jail2. It sounds impossible, but I didn't cheat.

Pat AfterMoon wrote:
This bug occur because when you return to the startmap and re-enter in a map via a teleporter, it is like if you restart the game, your previous visit isn't saved. And the cross-level trigger used in this mission (when an action in a map has a consequence in another map) isn't saved

Well, I didn't really have a choice when I got stuck in the court just outside of the pyramid, I couldn't very well grenade jump back up the window because it was way too high. I never realized how high a perfect grenade jump can take me until later...

You really should have to look into the crazy marine entities before starting your other projects., I know there is a problem with the sounds they make after you kill a whole bunch of enemies and then return to the level, they usualy made noises that the gunner enemies make, a lot of groans and a lot of reloading sounds.

It is an extremely fun game and the bugs test my skill (but they still shouldn't be there)

I will record a demo for fun, if it is possible to record demos on this...

Gleeb wrote:
On the other hand, my Q1 'port' of the Worldserver technology is going well :)

Will people be able to play Nehahra with it, or will this be a whole new game, or are you just doing this for the engine? What I mean to ask is... can I get some more info?

Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:12 pm
Will people be able to play Nehahra with it, or will this be a whole new game, or are you just doing this for the engine? What I mean to ask is... can I get some more info?

The way I'm planning this, ANY mod could theroretically be played under the 'world server' system, but some of the more advanced stuff, such as kills, will need Game Server code changes.

Also, I plan to make this as a external DLL, (linux coders wanna make an SO?), so that there is a lower margin of error, and increased security (I.E. The DLL won't be GPL'd)

My can start flaming me... now :-)

Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:04 pm
 [ 6 posts ]