Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 pm It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC

[ 3 posts ] 
 Pat: can will you do a favor for me? 
Post Pat: can will you do a favor for me?
Would you convert your game dll to work with the KMQ2 engine? KMQ2 engine is a little unbackwardcompatible. As in you can connect to quake2 servers but if you want to serve you would use a specail gamedll different from baseq2.. I like coopordie and kmq2! it is a shame i cannot use them together.

Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:38 am
Post Re: Pat: can will you do a favor for me?
x-trix-c wrote:
Would you convert your game dll to work with the KMQ2 engine? ... I like coopordie and kmq2! it is a shame i cannot use them together.

It will probably be better than that ! I am currently under brainstorming about game engine. The next release of COOP or DIE will probably be engine+dll based.

I have finally renounced to use QFusion because I don't want to loose compatibility with Q2 map. A new Quake2Max (0.43) has been released recently, but it is again too slow for lower machine. I'm impatient to test Quake2Evolved, but currently, there is nothing to test.

In other hand the Knightmare Quake2 engine (KMQ2) is really near what I need :
- enought eyecandy, and use 32 bit artwork everywhere (needed before I start to create new content)
- speed on small machines (I consider my 2 PC a Celeron 566 + matrox G400 has the small machine reference)
- has Lazarus code integrated (very good in a game designer point of view)
- has AceBot integrated (needed for AfterMoon next step : War Against The Cyborg)
- Seem to be stable (I currently use 016 beta version under development, directly send by Knightmare)
- Knightmare is a cool man ;)

- The recent addition of MD3 model support is good for me when I will add new models
- The only lack in my point of view is shaders. I have already played a little with Q2max and QFusion shaders and I like it. I also plan to enhance shader system with some specific feature (remote update of the shader by the worldserver during play ...)

Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:52 am
yes shaders are nice but they are evil!!!!!! evil!!!!!! q2max used to run pretty fast for me until they started pumping out versions with shaders evertwhere!

Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:31 am
 [ 3 posts ]