Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 11:31 am It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dedicated Server req for latest ver 
Post Dedicated Server req for latest ver
Could someone who is more knowledgable than me make a walk through on setting up a dedicated server?

I get a console, but the game is not loggin into the Wroldserver. Here is what I have for a shortcut. (yes, my Quake2 install is on D: )

D:\Quake2\kmquake2.exe +set wsrv_url rpc.aftermoon.net +set game coopordie +map pregame +set dedicated 1 +sv wsrv_login [username] [password]

Sun May 23, 2004 6:42 pm
Post Update
Okay, I got the server working, sort of.

D:\Quake2\kmquake2.exe +set wsrv_url rpc.aftermoon.net +set game coopordie +map pregame +set dedicated 1 +set coop 1 +set deathmatch 0 +wsrv_login [ServerID] [Password]

This is what I have now, but the users come in to the pregame and cannot move the server forward.

I need to know what is required to actually get the game playable.

Also, the ServerID is not showing up on the coopordie.aftermoon.net site as logged in, but the server shows up in the active servers list...

Mon May 24, 2004 2:29 am
Sorry for the tardive reply, you can found what you want here :
http://forums.quakesrc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1366&highlight=dedicated
or here :
http://wiki.aftermoon.net/index.php?pagename=WorldServer

In short, for a COOP or DIE dedicated server use this command line :
kmquake2.exe +set wsrv_url http://rpc.aftermoon.net +set game coopordie +set dedicated 1
Then type this line on the console
sv wsrv_login your_name your_pass

Mon May 24, 2004 5:52 pm
Post Thanks
I more or less followed that path. I don't know what the problem was earlier.

Thanks!

Mon May 24, 2004 6:20 pm
Post New problem
Pat,

I got the server to work fine on the internal net, but anyone outside my firewall that tries to log in can see the server, but it hangs their connection when it tries to load them in.

I notice that my internal net is seeing the server with UDP, but the external clients show a BKM protocol. I cannot find any information on this.

Mon May 24, 2004 11:31 pm
Post Re: New problem
Chrystoph wrote:
Pat,

I got the server to work fine on the internal net, but anyone outside my firewall that tries to log in can see the server, but it hangs their connection when it tries to load them in.

I notice that my internal net is seeing the server with UDP, but the external clients show a BKM protocol. I cannot find any information on this.

BKM is "BooKMark", it's not a protocol, it's just because other player know your ip from the favorite bookmark list (updated by the worldserver).
If other players can't join you, it's probably because your firewall. I would like the write a tutorial about how to host a Quake2 server behind a firewall and how to configure it, but I don't have the time and the knowledge.
You must let open the 27910 port, but depending of your firewall, it may be most complex.
If your solve your problem, feel free to post some info here, or email me : patmail at aftermoon dot net

Tue May 25, 2004 7:06 pm
Post Firewall
Quote:
If other players can't join you, it's probably because your firewall. I would like the write a tutorial about how to host a Quake2 server behind a firewall and how to configure it, but I don't have the time and the knowledge.
You must let open the 27910 port, but depending of your firewall, it may be most complex.
If your solve your problem, feel free to post some info here

This is the odd thing. I also run a dedicated Ground Zero (GZ) server on the same machine, but not at the same time.

GZ works fine, but CO-OP OR DIE hangs on connect. Is there any change that was made to the networking that might cause this?

Tue May 25, 2004 8:33 pm
A lot of {GZ} members play gloom too :shock:

Wed May 26, 2004 3:18 pm
Chrystoph, I don't forget you, today another player (SkaarjWarrior) has mentioned the problem with dedicated server.
I'm currently a little busy with real life, but I will look at that.
CU

Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:24 pm
I was going to mail on this, but since it came up public, I will cover it here.

I installed the latest version of coopordie. I am getting RPC errors that are new.

### RPC_Error : Worldserver under maintenance
Unable to Login to World Server : Worldserver under maintenance

Here is the current shortcut:

D:\Quake2\kmquake2.exe +set wsrv_url http://rpc.aftermoon.net +set game coopordie +map pregame +set dedicated 1 +set deathmatch 0 +set coop 1

Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:13 pm
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next