Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 pm It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC

[ 3 posts ] 
 Problems connecting to worldserver with kmq2 
Post Problems connecting to worldserver with kmq2
Can anyone help? Hitting 'o' in the pregame map just makes the connect command pop up in the chat channel, it's just not recognising the command. Vanilla Q2 and r1q2 work fine for me.

Oh and in vanilla q2 and r1q2, people can join my game, but I can't see other servers in the 'join multiplayer' list, I've tried disabling my firewall completely but no joy. From reading around the (very old) posts here it appears thats just a problem with the way WorldServer works and I'm screwed, but someone tell me it ain't so!

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Post Re: Problems connecting to worldserver with kmq2
Hendar23 wrote:
Vanilla Q2 and r1q2 work fine for me.

Nothing wrong with that, KMQuake2 is not compatible with coopordie. In the past I have used the specific kmq2 engine and dll. But now coopordie can "only" run with standard Quake2 engines (vanilla, q2max, r1q2, egl ...etc).

Hendar23 wrote:
people can join my game, but I can't see other servers in the 'join multiplayer' list, I've tried disabling my firewall completely but no joy.

People can join your game because your firewall allow them. You can't join them because their firewall/routers doesn't allow you.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:18 pm
Post Re: Problems connecting to worldserver with kmq2
Pat AfterMoon wrote:
People can join your game because your firewall allow them. You can't join them because their firewall/routers doesn't allow you.

Damn their firewalls!!!

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:59 am
 [ 3 posts ]