It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC

game crashes 

Post game crashes
come on guys. it isnt that hard. only sux when you game crashes. some1 needs to fix the bug.

[Message from admin : this post has been moved to it's own topic, it is more appropriate.]

Sun May 18, 2008 2:12 am

Post Re: game crashes
kvaki wrote:
come on guys. it isnt that hard. only sux when you game crashes. some1 needs to fix the bug.

OMFG quaker hax

Sun May 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Mine crashes too, but all I do is use EGL :(

Tue May 20, 2008 3:29 am
Admin

I don't know any major issue related to coopordie that could crash Quake2, except if you try some incompatible engine (Quake2xp, quake2evolved, R1Q2 ...etc.).

kvaki seem to use "EGL v0.3.1-R1" from "Sep 14 2007" and rodrigez "EGL v0.3.1" from "Jul 19 2006", so I don't think it is related to the engine. Maybe you have to re-install both engine and mods, and check your machine.

If the problem persist, give us more information about your OS, config and a precise description of the "crash" (error message ?).

Tue May 20, 2008 7:13 am
Profile WWW
Champion in duo

Pat could you give some more details about incompatibilities with R1Q2? Teo seems to be using it without any problems, and I'm considering using it since the standard quake 2 engine has that annoying WSACONNECT crash when someone disconnects from the server.

Tue May 20, 2008 11:44 am
Profile YIM
Admin

Reaper wrote:
more details about incompatibilities with R1Q2

I haven't tested recent versions, and I know some old versions work well with coopordie. The main problem come from a sort of anti-cheat feature that block some worldserver actions (map transition or entities alteration, I don't remember).

Reaper wrote:
the standard quake 2 engine has that annoying WSACONNECT crash

I have an old standard quake 2 engine modified specially for coopordie, it was called wsrvquake2, I need to retrieve it from my backup and put it on the download page. It has only small modifications and include a bugfix for the WSACONNECT bug.

Tue May 20, 2008 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo and trio

The only problem I have seen (I don't know if this is related to R1Q2 or every engine) is when winning the game (as in the case with me and Zalbag) the server crashes with an error message. I believe I have sent you a pic from that, Pat, when I beat the game myself some time ago.

Tue May 20, 2008 3:55 pm