Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Dropping Weapon Upon Death 

Post Re: Dropping Weapon Upon Death
I have a suggestion tho, am not sure if this has been mentioned by what if there was a buy system? I know it sounds gay but when i played counter life (A mod for half life which uses counterstrike weapons and its buy system which you can access only by hitted e on a health machine where you buy weapons and ammo and etc) it made it funner because when you kill monsters you get money for it and you use it to by better weapons. so whats if we added that type of system to quake 2? will be fun like for example those machine gunner dudes are worth $5 and you kill 10 of em and you will have $50 and you press b or something and you buy a machinegun for $45 and it will appear in front of you and noone else can steal it that way people wont wait for a person to by a bfg then steal it. i think it will work great for our respawning without weapon problems and our cash amount will stay and will be displayed in the inventory menu. i think it will be a great idea... Just dont flame me if its stupid but it might work. :)

Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:48 pm Profile
Admin

@Skullerx: My only answer to your request is coop-or-die-2 ;)

Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:47 pm Profile WWW

i just checked that out and it sounds cool, but whats this talk about building things? you mean we can actually build structures? and see them? or is this one of those RTS games like age of empires or esomething? and also why coop or die 2? will it still keep its quake 2 levels? like the challenge mode for coop or die 1? cause i would like if the buy system to be put into the first coop or die to fix most of the problems and bitching of people who get pissed when they work so hard then die, and have to either A. Continue the mission and hope to god they live long enough to get weapons or B. sigh and start over? i think C. Build a freaking buy system! lol but still i know it will be a bitch but you know, everything good happens after a bit of work and patience.

Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:44 am Profile
Admin

Skullerx, My answer was a joke ;)

The "Coop or Die 2" project has nothing common with the current Quake2 modification.

It is a way of saying: "I don't want to work again on this modification, I have other projects for the future, so you won't probably never see this feature made by me".

Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:17 am Profile WWW
 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5