Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 5:43 pm It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Quake 2 Mapping 

Post Quake 2 Mapping
So pretty much I'm going to try my hand at Q2 mapping, I have some Q3 mapping experience, so I know how stubborn Quake can be. Hope to have some pics soon.

Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:41 pm Profile

Post Re: Quake 2 Mapping
OK, two problems. One, I can't get lights working. Anything besides FullVis or NoVis compilation causes an error and my screen-shots are in some weird format, .PCX

I'm using GTK Radiant 1.50. Also, is clipping my levels necessary. They seem to work fine without it. Hopefully level one will be ready soon and then I can work on co-op capability and tweaking.

Any help much appreciated,
Rodriguez

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:26 am Profile
Admin

When it come to Quake2 mapping, I use to post my questions in this forum :
http://forums.gamedesign.net/viewforum.php?f=14

I also like the new LevelMakers forum (previously Map-Center):
http://www.levelmakers.com/community/
The Quake2 section seem empty, but there are a lot of very valuable mappers here, and even if they actually prefer Quake4 or ET:QW, they generally have a good knowledge for mapping on previous engines.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:00 am Profile WWW

Thanks, I own Q4 and ETQW, being a Strogg fan, but mapping for ETQW is way too hard for me and Q4 has too much things to select from, making me very confused. Plus Q2 was my first 3D video game, so I feel some loyalty ;) I'll see what I can drudge up.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:07 pm Profile

As promised, some pictures using EGL mod.

Barrels of fun!

EWWWW!!!!

My first box, quite proud of it :cry:

A bad prisoner, doomed to a slow death above gunfights

A florescent wall light

Finally a very cool blood trail, thanks to the EGL mod!
[ missing link ]

Thats it for now, please comment, but remember I'm new to mapping with Q2 so don't be too harsh and expect ID software quality ;)
Rodrigez

[Note from moderator: links edited, wrong BBCode]

Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:41 am Profile
Admin

Rodrigez, you have chosen to use imageshack with it's thrumbail system in place of the attachment system included with this forum. It's OK, but please check (preview button) your message before posting, all your BBCode links were wrong. And for the last picture, you have duplicated the previous link, so I wasn't able to correct it.

In fact Imageshack provide to you the right BBCode text to insert, it's on the line they call "Forum", you only have to past the text on your message. You don't need to surround it by [ img ] tag, it's included.

Regarding your work, you make me feel I'll need to enlarge the StartMap and add some space for new teleporters ;)

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:16 am Profile WWW

Talking about maps, has anyone seen Teo's map series? They look pretty tight! Here are some:
http://www.teodesetkata.hit.bg/

Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:02 pm Profile

OK Pat, thanks for the help, I heard about it, but have no clue how to use it, till now. And thanks for the complement. Just so everyone knows, it has 16 player death-match support, 8 player co-op and single-player. The death-match is a different .bsp though. Wow, Teo's got some skills there! I'm always scared to use functions as they never work and always wreck your level.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:00 pm Profile
Admin

I've noticed Teo's website recently, these maps looks cool.
Adding a room in the Startmap for teleporters to members maps seem much necessary every days, and a good notice about xmlrules too ;)

Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:10 pm Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo and trio

Thanks Fido for showing them my maps, and thanks for the compliments. :)
It's not anything special, really. I haven't made my own map in a long time. I always do maps for others an participate in group maps. I have a lot of maps on hold, I wish I could have time to work on them. The problem in my maps is that they're too small, I try to make my next maps bigger. Rodrigez's maps look interesting as well.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:34 pm Profile
 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next