Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC

[ 5 posts ] 
 Hello, I'm new to this mod! :D 

Post Hello, I'm new to this mod! :D
hey guys, i'm Rotz, I just discovered this mod when my friend and I wanted to play a good multiplayer FPS deathmatch game and I suggested Quake 2. Then I wanted to play Coop with him since i remembered doing that LAN with my other friend a long time ago, and he seemed interested in this as well.

So, I found this site and installed the mod and all and now I am playing! I am able to connect to the world server and am using the normal quake engine: quake2.exe (since I have no idea what the others are! :O)

So a couple questions. When I connect to the server with "o" and see the teleporters, how do I find other people to play with? I went to Multiplayer in the game settings but my address book is empty and it finds no other servers to connect to. Do I just wait to see if someone comes into the teleporter room and then join with them?

I'd like to play with my friend, but I need to have him install it tomorrow. When we both have it, we just meet up and start playing, or how do I go about this?

Also, what is the different engine that I can use and are these compatable with the engine standard one I am using currently?

Thank you much, and hope to see you and play with you soon :)

Rotz

Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:46 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio

Post Re: Hello, I'm new to this mod! :D
Hey Rotz,

Welcome to COOP or DIE, favourite mod of many players, mine as well. ;)

Well, each server has its own StartMap. If there are any other games available at the moment, you should be able to see the different servers (which are named after the hosts) in your Join Network Screen. Just keep refreshing. Be patient though, as it takes time for the servers to be added (like 30 seconds).

Engines recommended for playing COOP or DIE are EGL and Quake2Max, as others might cause problems, but I'm using R1Q2 and I don't see any.

See you on the servers. COOP or DIE is a very active mod.

Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm Profile

Hello Teo! Nice to meet you :D

I told my friend about this game who just registered for an account and downloaded the mod and we took it for a test spin tonight... unfortunately, I think we were out of gas :(

We both logged into the game and were separately on the startmap. Then I had him go to Multiplayer in the normal game menu and then join network game and refresh the list for a while, but he never saw my game. Then we tried me joining his game, but likewise, i never saw his game.

We are both at separate houses but both using routers in between us and the cable modem. Mine is a Belkin and I have checked to the configure to disable firewall, but didn't see one there. And I also allowed access with windows firewall to the game and manually opened up ports 27910 for both port types.

I'm not sure whats going on, anyone have any advice to help us connect so people can see our games or so we can join others?

Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:33 am Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio

If you use routers there might be problems with connecting. Pat can explain this, I myself use a router and still don't understand. :cry:

Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:16 am Profile

I read the sticky FAQ post at the top of this forum and it appears that if you are behind a router there is an issue hosting games perhaps.

If anyone has any information about this I'd really appreciate it. I would like to play with my friends but we cannot connect to eachothers games although we can both go on the world server and connect to other games that show up in the join network game results.

Thanks for any help,

:)

Rotz

Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:10 am Profile
 [ 5 posts ]