Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC

[ 3 posts ] 
 Installing problem (for Crusher) 
Post Installing problem (for Crusher)
Note from the moderator : I have moved the crusher discussion here.
Please, when you have a new discussion subject, it's better to start a new thread than add it to an existing thread out of subject

Quote:
On 10-03-2002 23:01 Crusher wrote:
I got a question about the WorldServer, how do i connect to it? I tried the step by step info on the page and it says no response from worldserver

Quote:
On 10-03-2002 23:40 Pat AfterMoon wrote:
Take a particular attention to the WorldServer address : rpc.aftermoon.net/
Be carreful with 0.2b version, it's an upgrade of the 0.2a, you need the 2 zip files.
If your problem persist, let me know and email me with your wsrv.log file attached.

Quote:
On 10-04-2002 23:50 Crusher wrote:
ok i didn't h ave both the files... ok now i got a question, i can't create a server and there are none to join

For playing COOP or DIE you must have a registered version of Quake2 version 3.20 (you can find upgrade on idsoftware website)
You must have the standard idsoftware DM maps (q2dm1 ...)and single players map (base1 ...)

You have downloaded the 2 zip files, install 0.2a and upgrade with 0.2b version.
After installing you must have,
in your quake2 directory :
- wsrvquake2.exe
- expat.dll
in your quake2/coopordie directory :
- gamex86.dll
- the pics directory with 16 pcx files like dir_v0h0.pcx

Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:06 pm
Could I get an exact webpage for the 3.21 update? All I have is the 3.20, or is that it?

Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:51 am
Quote:
On 10-06-2002 8:51 Crusher wrote:
Could I get an exact webpage for the 3.21 update? All I have is the 3.20, or is that it?

The 3.20 is OK, has I know, 3.21 is only for the source code, and my mod already contain the exe and the game dll.
I don't understand why you can't connect, you seem to have all needed files.
On a network point of view, if you can see the COOP or DIE website, you can connect to the WorldServer too. Except maybe if a firewall block Quake2 for accessing the rpc.aftermoon.net URL

Sorry, I don't know what I can tell you more :/

Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:30 am
 [ 3 posts ]