Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 9:29 pm It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

[ 5 posts ] 
 Enabling Cheats 

Post Enabling Cheats
Hey me and a mate just want to play Coop Quake 2 but we just want to have some fun with some cheats and just mess around. Nothing major and we're not acting like we're pros or anything.

The one thing is that we cannot seem to figure out how to enable cheats on one of our servers. How do we do it?

Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:49 pm Profile
Admin

Post Re: Enabling Cheats
If you want to play Quake2 in coop mode wth cheats, coopordie is not the right modification to use. I avoid this functionality to preserve the challenge mode.

But if you want to try it without coopordie there is no problem. Start a coop server and set the cheat cvar to 1. Then, your teammate can join you and you will be able to try the god mode ;)

Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:19 pm Profile WWW

we are doing that but its the friendly fire that gets us. It's very annoying to get blasted randomly by our mates, especially as one of us has a large liking to the BFG.

Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:29 pm Profile
Admin

Your are right, I have modified the DLL for the friendly fire, the stock version can't work correctly.
The modification is only a few lines of codes. If you know somebody that could compile a DLL, it's really trivial to add this to the standard version.

In case of, here is the modification :
In game\g_cmds.c line Line 53, add these lines at the start of the function OnSameTeam()
Code:
    if (   coop->value
        && strcmp(ent1->classname, "player")==0
        && strcmp(ent2->classname, "player")==0 )
        return true;

Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:43 pm Profile WWW

hey... i don;t know what file you are on about. I checked for game/g_cmds.c but there isn't a file with that name.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:16 pm Profile
 [ 5 posts ]