Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 5:57 pm It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Can your PC run Doom3 ? 

Can your PC run Doom3 ?
Yes 88%  88%  [ 14 ]
No 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 16

Post Re: Can your PC run Doom3 ?
How long will the Doom3 engine stay current? What are the longterm plans of the ID guys? If they have the next generation of engine ready in a few weeks you should consider waiting a little bit ;).

Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:19 pm Profile

He'd have to wait quite a lot for ID to release SDK or whatever the kit is called

Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:19 am Profile
Admin

tecneeq wrote:
How long will the Doom3 engine stay current?
I think the Quake3 based Tremulous game is enough for starting my hobbyist project today, and the Doom3 engine is lot more current! Remember that it is the same engine that also run ET:QW.

CJKID14 wrote:
This sounds like a huge project.
I've started COOP or DIE for Quake2 in 2001. So you can expect my next project to occupy my spare time from 2009 to 2020 ;)

But don't misunderstood me, I won't reinvent the wheel. I will only do my part, like for the current Quake2 modification:
  • Website interaction with the game
  • Game code modding
  • Mapping and mission scripting, but on a low level, I'm a technician who assemble prefab, more than an artist

Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:31 am Profile WWW
Admin

Rodrigez (via PM) wrote:
It means are you going to make a way to have all the stuff from battles stay around on every server? All the bullet-holes and dead bodies and such?

Yes, this type of feature, but probably for a different purpose.

Like already said while talking about Quake4, I won't support an existing coop campaign. I think about special missions ala "rush for the head" or "punishment" where monsters and items are placed dynamically, depending on what was done by players who have visited the map previously.

I'm currently learning the SDK, but I'm already seduced by the file format of most Doom3 assets. Everything is text based, maps, scripts, shaders, GUI...

In place of the actual Quake2 XmlRules feature that can only modify map entities, I would like to have a diff/patch system on the fly for Doom3. I would like to modify every piece of the content from a PHP script hosted by the worldserver.

PS for Rodrigez: please, use the forum in place of private messages the next time ;)

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:25 am Profile WWW

Heh ok, you convinced me to go get Doom 3 just so I'm ready for your mod :D well I used the PM because you did too so I assumed you wanted it private.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:38 pm Profile
Admin

Rodrigez wrote:
I used the PM because you did too

You're right :lol: (laughing at me)

Rodrigez wrote:
Heh ok, you convinced me to go get Doom 3 just so I'm ready for your mod

Heu... don't be too hurry, it will take a long time until I've something to show ;)

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:50 pm Profile WWW
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2