Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 9:15 pm It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC

[ 2 posts ] 
 XML Rules thread 

Post XML Rules thread
Its been a long time since I played Coop or Die, but one of fond things I remember, aside from the cooperative gameplay, was the XML rules which Pat set so that by small chance, some enemies could be replaced by random enemies. In order to make the game a little more fresh than the last time you played it in single player.

And then there were the two bonus maps, which were kind of the same style as that 30-second bonus map built into the game. As risky as doing those maps were, I always did them on my route to beating challenge mode. =P

These were all done through XML rules. Does anyone else have ideas for new enemy spawns or more ammo/weapon pickups? I myself would like to volunteer adding more ammo and enemies if Pat would like to share and update those XML files. Aren't my right? These cooperative games weren't exactly built with the correct amount of ammo pickups in mind.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:13 am Profile
Admin

Post Re: XML Rules thread
I would like to see more contribution like what you've done Omega. I think there is already a method for testing the xmlrules files offline, but I could simplify it in the future.

I'm thinking about an offline mode for coopordie. It could have xml files with entities, the coop HUD and some existing coop enhancement like the friendly fire fix.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:19 pm Profile WWW
 [ 2 posts ]