Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 12:41 am It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC

[ 10 posts ] 
 Droppable Weapons 

Post Droppable Weapons
We surely need this option... yesterday I checked my inventory and had 4 machineguns while my partner had none. It is really usefull to have this specially when you get killed and lose all items on a late map

Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:00 pm Profile
Admin

Post Re: Droppable Weapons
Currently we can drop ammunitions but can't drop weapons because the standard program doesn't allow it when the "weapon stay" flag is activated.
Code:
   // don't let them drop items that stay in a coop game

I have tested a modified dll that allow to drop weapons even with the weapon stay flag. It works, but like weapons stay on the map you can retake it, and redrop, and retake ...etc. You can fill an entire level with weapons :lol:

I not sure what is better :
  • The current state : "weapon stay" is enabled and allow every players to take each weapons.
  • Allowing to drop weapons and removing the "weapon stay" flag (I don't think it's good for coop).
  • Allowing both, the "only" side effect I currently saw is that a player can drop many weapons and crash the game (too many entities).

Any comments ?

Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:07 pm Profile WWW

Remove the weapon stay at least. It's really annoying when you're low on ammo. And dropping weapons should be allowed, I'm sure no one'll abuse it here 8-)

Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:45 am Profile

Rodrigez wrote:
Remove the weapon stay at least. It's really annoying when you're low on ammo. And dropping weapons should be allowed, I'm sure no one'll abuse it here 8-)

It'll work without weapons stay, since the early level contains lots of shotguns, machineguns and grenades.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:33 am Profile

Ah. Well then, if you have a good teammate, they will share one of their weapons for sure.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:39 am Profile

Another thing I've been thinking about is drop grenades. I have an idea, drop grenades [ammount].

Instead of:
/drop grenades
(which drops 5 grenades)

You could do this:
/drop grenades x
(where X is the ammount)

It'd help on levels were the overall ammount of ammo is very small and enemies are bunched up. Let's say I have 7 grenades and I want to give my partner some, but I don't want to be left with only 2. I'd do /drop grenades 3 and we'd share them through the level. Another thing would be a drop armor shard, so that on 3 person teams were 2 players have all health and armor can share a bit of armor with the 3rd player when he is low on health and with no armor (like last night with mik and Teo). To limit the abuse, player cannot drop more than 5 grenades at the time and cannot drop more shards than 5, and share more than 50% of their current armour.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:26 am Profile
Admin

"/drop grenades x" sound cool, I will look at that. The value will stay optional, without it, you will continuer to drop 5 grenade like actually.

About the weapon drop, I would like to let the weapon "stay" like it is actually. But I will look if it's not too complicated to check if the weapon is already present in the map. If so, you won't be able to drop it but you will get a message like that : "Can't drop weapon, it is available on the current zone, look around".

Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:44 pm Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo

I found this thread and my confusion regarding the weapon-stay setting increased even further. I am supporting its removal and will try to back it up.

First of all, with the large amount of weapons of same type in game, usually located on same units, disabling weapon-stay wouldn't do too much harm to the weapons supply. Instead, it would motivate coop players to actually go for those secrets.

Secondly, the game is easy as it is (really) and I'm sure that a slight increase in difficulty would be a positive thing to do.

And lastly, I don't see how would this be bad for coop. Actually, it would encourage players to share weapons, ammo and even result in specializations. I think this is absolutely necessary for coop!

Any other opinions?

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:28 pm Profile
Champion in quartet

I agree with you whit the last thing you say. Yeah, I like to people in a Coop game become specializated, I COULD be great, but when we got the Weapon Stay, every one can use all weapons, when that user has ammo.

The game is not easy, it is just a 3 skill. For some people it can be harderd, and for others easier... other simply is a normal challange.

Yeah, in fact, if we can pick up the same weapon again, we can fill up or ammo or, by other way, remplace those weapons that we can not pick up and put there ammo to use it. Is just a suggestion :P

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:39 pm Profile
Admin

After reading the last too messages, I think "Allowing to drop weapons and removing the weapon stay flag." could be a good decision.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:30 pm Profile WWW
 [ 10 posts ]