Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 am It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC

[ 7 posts ] 
 Hi Guys 

Post Hi Guys
It's me, Rodrigez, back from the dead :)

Well not really, but any gaming time I've had the last few months has been sucked up by Fallout 3 and BioShock. So feeling nogistalgic, I got out good ol' Quake 2 and re-installed it on my brand-new Vista gaming computer. Haven't tried it yet, but it installed fine, so I hope it'll run fine.

Anyhow, I'm thinking of getting back into mapping and maybe trying to hop into a few co-op matches well I'm here. I don't think my map-pack will be released any time soon (not a surprise probably) as its on the old machine which is currently gathering dust in the basement, but I may be making a good-quality map for you guys to have fun with.

So, any good news I've missed out on in my absence? How's that D3 co-op mod coming along (I went out and got D3 as well but it was too scary, even with a flashlight mod).
Rodrigez

Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:59 am Profile
Admin

Post Re: Hi Guys
Rodrigez wrote:
...good ol' Quake 2 and re-installed it on my brand-new Vista gaming computer.
I use Vista too and Quake 2 run fine.

Rodrigez wrote:
I've had the last few months has been sucked up by Fallout 3 and BioShock.
Try Left 4 Dead, you won't regret it.

Rodrigez wrote:
I'm thinking of getting back into mapping
Yes yes, new co-op missions ;)

Rodrigez wrote:
So, any good news I've missed out on in my absence?

I'm currently focused on the coopordie website reworking and the release of the next version of coopordie for Quake2 (small enhancement for joining party).

For the D3 co-op mod, it's on progress, but don't expect anything soon. Unfortunately the first release won't be multiplayer, because that mode is not supported natively, and there is no open source co-op framework. The first draft will be doom 3 + worldserver with persistent data.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:31 am Profile WWW

Quote:
I use Vista too and Quake 2 run fine.
Well, mine runs fine, but it crashed when I tried to install, I had to manually pull the fiels off the disk. Wow, Quake 2 without EGL is really an eyesore after newer games. I remember it as the hieght of graphics and gameplay, I must be getting old.

Quote:
Try Left 4 Dead, you won't regret it.
Zombie survival horror? Hmmm, well I'll check it out, its on Steam, right?

Quote:
Yes yes, new co-op missions
We'll just have to see how much Far Cry 2's editor has spoiled me.

Quote:
I'm currently focused on the coopordie website reworking and the release of the next version of coopordie for Quake2 (small enhancement for joining party).

For the D3 co-op mod, it's on progress, but don't expect anything soon. Unfortunately the first release won't be multiplayer, because that mode is not supported natively, and there is no open source co-op framework. The first draft will be doom 3 + worldserver with persistent data.
OK, take your time, I'm not in a huge hurry to re-install that scary game, then I'll feel the urge to try and complete it :shock:

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:19 pm Profile
Admin

Rodrigez wrote:
Zombie survival horror?
Hum... I haven't already played survival horror games, and I'm not sure if it's the better definition for "Left 4 Dead". I like a definition given by one of the developers: Terror-strike, a small team armed to the teeth with automatic weaponry against a lot of knife-wielding enemy :D

This game is designed for and dedicated to co-op. All the feature I would like to see in a co-op FPS are present.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:29 pm Profile WWW

Well, I'll definitly check it out. Does it support split-screen? I've always wanted to see a PC game with co-op splitscreen (maybe it could use USB controllers).

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:31 pm Profile
Admin

Rodrigez wrote:
Does it support split-screen?
Not the PC the version, but I think the XBox360 does.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 am Profile WWW

OK then.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:34 pm Profile
 [ 7 posts ]