Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 5:33 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC

[ 8 posts ] 
 Joining a game (in the next version) 
Admin

Post Joining a game (in the next version)
I plan to change the way you can join a game in the next version coming this autumn:

• In regular mode, no more return to the StartMap when a player join.
  • In Challenge mode, only able to join somebody when he is in the StartMap.

The challenge/regular mode I talk here is the mode of the player who host the game.

If you want to play with a challenge mode player, use the chat and request him to wait you in the StartMap. The progression of a challenger will no more be accidentally broken by a visitor.

Any comments? suggestions?

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:47 am Profile WWW

Post Re: Joining a game (in the next version)
Yes, please. No-interruption for challengers and simple game joining for casual players.

I remember when I was doing challenge mode and there was a level in which I could die just for making the wrong jump (a pit of deadly lasers where there are moving platforms you have to jump on, I think it was in mission06). I've been interrupted a few times in that series of levels. :twisted: I would be disappointed because now I have to take those risky jumps all over again.

Never mind the Strogg, my greatest fear in challenge mode is having to jump over the death pits. No-interruption, please.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:07 pm Profile
Admin

OmegaPhlare wrote:
Yes, please. No-interruption for challengers and simple game joining for casual players.

It's exactly the goal: more fun, less troubles.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:28 pm Profile WWW

Can you also make it so that the Bandoleer and Ammo Pack items stay onto the player's profile. I am speaking about the item pickups which increase your maximum amount of Shells, Bullets, Cells, Rockets, Grenades, Slugs.

I think of Coop or Die as a cooperative first person shooter with RPG elements such as having stats and inventory. The ability to hold more ammo is a very nice upgrade.

Coop or Die would be even more excellent if it included the +1 max-health bonus for Adrenaline (only for the first time you pick it up). Using the XML rules, maybe you can tag each Adrenaline pickup with a unique ID code that saves to your game profile and next time you load your game, the max-health bonus is added for every ID code you have collected. Because of the unique ID code, if you try to pick up the adrenaline again, you will not get another +1 max-health. Adrenaline pickups will be very precious and this will encourage players to look for secrets.

Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:49 am Profile
Champion in solo and duo

Pat AfterMoon wrote:
The progression of a challenger will no more be accidentally broken by a visitor.

I noticed that not only an unexpected guest to a challenge game interrupts its progression, but when someone leaves an active server, it often puts other saved games to a risk, too.

I'll try to explain. When, for example, I play with another player and we are attempting a duo challenge together, there is a solo challenge saved separately.

So, we play with a separate inventory and progression, and everything's fine. But then he leaves. If at that moment I'm not smart enough to leave immediately, the data from duo overwrites data from solo. Not just progression or inventory, but everything is transferred to the solo progression, including score, health and deaths.

I'm sure that this is something you might want to look into.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:25 am Profile
Admin

Pain wrote:
the data from duo overwrites data from solo.

Thanks for reporting that, but like you have mentioned directly to me, the PC of your teammate has crashed.

This is clearly a bug, in challenge mode, when a player quit the game, everybody is teleported to the StartMap and restart with the corresponding data set.

It seem that if a player crash his PC, the case is not managed properly, in theory you should have been teleported to the StartMap and restart with your solo data set.

I've added this bug on my todo list.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:38 am Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo

Pat AfterMoon wrote:
I've added this bug on my todo list.

Ok, thanks.

It appears that even if I disconnect in a situation like that, or return to StartMap by pressing 'O', it still overwrites the solo data.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:16 pm Profile
Admin

Pain wrote:
It appears that even if I disconnect in a situation like that, or return to StartMap by pressing 'O', it still overwrites the solo data.
Oops :shock: -> added this bug on my todo list in RED

Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:48 pm Profile WWW
 [ 8 posts ]