Last visit was: Tue May 14, 2024 2:34 am It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Profile help. 

Post Profile help.
So if I play a game and then leave half-way through a level (without dying) then shut down my PC, empty my PC of all temporary files then log back onto coopordie, will I still have my EXACT stats? Health, armor, items, guns ammo, everything? And what about my progress, will that be saved as well, down to the last light guard corpse? Third off, can I adjust the difficulty level down to normal, as I'm not a fan of nightmare as it makes my memory of where every last monster is off and is really too action-packed for my taste. The only game that has that many badies and is truly fun is CoD4. Thanks for your time,
Rodrigez.

Thu May 15, 2008 3:59 am Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio

Post Re: Profile help.
You'll have the exact same stats, but your progress will be saved up to the entrance of the last level you have been to. For example, if you made it through the lift in Lost Station (Train), and you want to continue, it will pop you at the entrance of the current level, which is Train. And no, you cannot change the difficulty level. It's too easy anyway.

Thu May 15, 2008 5:15 am Profile

Thats what I assumed. Too easy my butt. Monsters appearing behind you in most alarming manners and iron maidens in the first unit! It's so out of place. "There's an issue with the difficulty curve, in that there isn't one." - Yahtzee.

Thu May 15, 2008 6:02 am Profile
Admin

Hi Rodrigez,

The iron maiden in the first unit is due to the random redistribution of monsters made by the worldserver. It is very rare to have one of these bitch in this level, here are the current coefficients for an existing monster to be replaced by an iron maiden :
  • blaster soldier 1%
  • shotgun soldier 1%
  • machinegun soldier 3%
  • infantry 3%

The purpose of this feature is : "don't think you know a level, you can always be surprised by an unexpected event".

And about the level of difficulty, if you think it's too hard, there is a solution, find a teammate and co-operate ;)

Thu May 15, 2008 6:36 am Profile WWW

I have seen machinegun soldiers being replaced by an Icarus, thus making some Icarus stuck in the floor, LOL! :P

Thu May 15, 2008 11:40 am Profile
Champion in duo

Wow, I actually had 3 maidens in the first map once. What are the odds of that, 1 in a million? :D
But the game is still moderately hard. Just yesterday I played for 2 hours without any major problems only to die in the laser trap at the end of the factory unit.

Thu May 15, 2008 1:40 pm Profile YIM

"The purpose of this feature is : "don't think you know a level, you can always be surprised by an unexpected event"." I understand this as I've played Q2 alone (no other games) for two years and know the normal game inside and out. Down to the Lost Station duck secret. I've seen a Light Guard replaced by a medic before... This replacement feature is most disorienting. As for co-op, that makes it harder in a way, cause if one of you dies, you both loose :cry:

Thu May 15, 2008 3:08 pm Profile
Admin

Rodrigez wrote:
"Down to the Lost Station duck secret. I've seen a Light Guard replaced by a medic before... This replacement feature is most disorienting.

I admit, but in fact the main problem with this feature is the one cited by Teo where sometime a bigger monster could be stuck.

Rodrigez wrote:
"As for co-op, that makes it harder in a way, cause if one of you dies, you both loose :cry:

You are right, but in 2008, compared to the tons of multiplayer's games with high speed gameplay, Quake2 seem pretty easy. Monsters are moving slowly and don't really follow you if you decide to retreat. You can even kill the final boss with a blaster !

Try Tremulous in solo mode against alien bots, and you will understand what is pain ;)

Thu May 15, 2008 3:10 pm Profile WWW
Admin

Reaper wrote:
Wow, I actually had 3 maidens in the first map once. What are the odds of that, 1 in a million?

No, 1 in a million could has been the probability if there were only 3 soldiers (shotgun or blaster) in the first map.

In fact there are 6 blaster soldiers, 8 shotgun soldiers and 5 infantry. I give a cookie to the one who give me the correct probability to have 3 or more iron maiden ;)

* ouch my statistics lesson seem very far *

Thu May 15, 2008 3:18 pm Profile WWW

Pat, why not make the possibility of Light Soldiers being replaced by Makron 100%? :lol:

Thu May 15, 2008 3:45 pm Profile
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next