Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 8:31 pm It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 coop or die on mac 

Post coop or die on mac
is it possible to play coop or die on mac?
id love to know

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:54 pm Profile
Champion in quartet

Post Re: coop or die on mac
I think that it is not possible... but, you can try...

I wish you lucky

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:48 pm Profile
Admin

I don't have a lot of knowledge about mac, but if there is a MS-Windows emulators like WINE for Linux that can run Quake2, coopordie should work.
If you want to compile the coopordie source code for mac, let me know, I should help.

PS: It make me think I need to try Quake2 Through WINE with Linux

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:14 pm Profile WWW

i do have something that lets me play quake 2 for mac its a port stilll trying to see if iot works wish me luck XD if anyone wants the link to the port let me know :D

Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:18 am Profile

Coopordie works fine with wine(in linux), but it would be cool to play on native version.
But I can't find 0.6 version sources, mb I will try to compile it for linux(I compiled 0.5d, dll loads, but game freezes on connect, and i found some incompatibility with domc)

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:35 pm Profile
Admin

@SkaarjZR
The 0.6 version source code is the same as 0.5d except version number.
SkaarjZR wrote:
I compiled 0.5d, dll loads, but game freezes on connect, and i found some incompatibility with domc

Interesting information about DOMc, and haven't you got compatibility problem related to multi-thread (used for HTTP request) ?

If you want to test a linux build, just ask me and I will allow your account for betatesting. Classic account only allow the use of the official DLL.

For the next release the source code will be more accessible, I'm in the process of publishing it on SourceForge SVN :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/coopordiequake2/

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:51 pm Profile WWW

Thanks for link.
Quote:
Interesting information about DOMc, and haven't you got compatibility problem related to multi-thread (used for HTTP request) ?

Which domc version I need to compile coopordie? I replaced some functions(net, threading), so library compiles without errors.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:02 pm Profile
Admin

SkaarjZR wrote:
Which domc version I need to compile coopordie?
It's a good question!
I don't know myself, I lost track of that. The domc.h and domc.lib are included in the zip source file since 2003 or 2004. The domc.h doesn't include version information, so the only way is to compare it with all existing version :shock:
It's not the last version.
http://www.ioplex.com/~miallen/domc/

EDIT1: it's not the 0.6.0
EDIT2: it seem to be anterior of 0.7.1 but source code of intermediate the versions is not provided on the author website. It's probably why I've lost track and included the domc.h + domc.lib in my project.
:(

I could probably remove domc and expat for future version. Regarding the final result, my use of xml for coopordie is incredibly weight and complex
:D

I could also remove multi-thread code and replace it by standard asynchronous socket functions.

In fact, I have these simplifications in mind since a long time for one goal: easier Linux port
:mrgreen:

Of course, if you can have a working linux port of the actual version, I'm highly interested!

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:18 pm Profile WWW

So I need older version of domc to compile as included in sources, but don't know how to use libdomc.lib with gcc(I guess it's not possible).
And coopordie SVN is empty, strange.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:27 pm Profile
Admin

SkaarjZR wrote:
And coopordie SVN is empty, strange.
Like I've mentioned above, the SVN will be filled for the next version, it's a WIP.

Until I rework the code, the easiest solution is probably to port the actual code to one of the available DOMc versions.

Sorry, nothing better actually :(

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:19 pm Profile WWW
 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next