Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC

[ 4 posts ] 
 2 suggestions for co-op or die 
Post 2 suggestions for co-op or die
1. Support for AQ2 or more accurately SPAQ in other words Normal Quake with AQ weapons. That would add a new challenge to it.

2. LAN games!? I play Q2 and AQ2 actively with 3 of my friends but we play on a LAN so we'd like to be able to play this outside internet, too.

Possible?

Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:33 pm
Post Re: 2 suggestions for co-op or die
Znake wrote:
1. Support for AQ2 or more accurately SPAQ in other words Normal Quake with AQ weapons. That would add a new challenge to it.

I have never played AQ2, but the futur of my work is more oriented to standalone game (like CodeRed) than support for old commercial games (AQ2 isn't free no ?). But if somebody want to start an AQ2 WorldServer, I can help him and give support. Don't forget it's open source, everybody can create another WorldServer.

Znake wrote:
2. LAN games!? I play Q2 and AQ2 actively with 3 of my friends but we play on a LAN so we'd like to be able to play this outside internet, too.

You can play COOP or DIE on a LAN, there are 2 possibilities :

* You have an apache server (or easyPhp on a Windoze PC), you install the PHP script and create a worldserver MySQL database (do it only if you have admin or programmer knowledge).

* If your LAN is connected to internet, share your connection, start a server (dedicated if you want) with a worlserver account. Each PC can Connect with his own account (on the worldserver). And join YOUR server. If you have an internet shared connection, you probably have a proxy or firewall, so other players from Internet can't reach you. Yours accounts data (inventory, health ...) will be stored on the COOP or DIE worldserver.

It's possible ;)

Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:20 pm
Pat AfterMoon wrote:
* If your LAN is connected to internet, share your connection, start a server (dedicated if you want) with a worlserver account. Each PC can Connect with his own account (on the worldserver). And join YOUR server. If you have an internet shared connection, you probably have a proxy or firewall, so other players from Internet can't reach you. Yours accounts data (inventory, health ...) will be stored on the COOP or DIE worldserver.

I was playing that way with my brother, because noone can connect to my server (LAN :(). I must say it was not so bad at all :wink:. Hey Pat, COOP or DIE is cool thing :lol:

Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:28 am
Pat AfterMoon wrote:
I have never played AQ2, but the futur of my work is more oriented to standalone game (like CodeRed) than support for old commercial games (AQ2 isn't free no ?). But if somebody want to start an AQ2 WorldServer, I can help him and give support. Don't forget it's open source, everybody can create another WorldServer.

Well, AQ2 is free but since Q2 is also, isn't it. AQ2 is a mod for Q2 like so many others (not like Q2max or Q2E). SPAQ just evolves the possibilities of it so that you can use the weapons of AQ2 but still have enemies.

I personally like to kill Stroggs with a pistol rather than with a blaster but I can live with the current situation since the co-op system/worldserver is a lot better than normal Q2 co-op since that really isn't co-op at all.

Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:34 am
 [ 4 posts ]