Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Contribute: add items, monsters and more to existing maps 
Admin

Post Re: Contribute: add items, monsters and more to existing maps
About adding items on maps, I think we have to define some rules. Here is a proposal:

• 1st objective is to add more ammo, because in multi-player there is a lack.
  • 2nd objective is to add monsters, because it's fun, but respect the level of difficulty, only add monster type already available on the map, or just a level higher.
  • 3rd objective is to add easter eggs, like the dead body near the elevator in the first map.
  • If you add weapons, be careful to not change too much the gameplay. I think a good rule if you add a powerful weapon in a secret place, early in the game, put it only one map before the map where it should be normally found.

Feel free to add your suggestions and comments.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:40 pm Profile WWW
Champion in quartet

xDD you don't mind about adding those thing i already posted don't you, i mean, they respect the rules (However, i doubt they are on the right place...)

In the mean time.. i'm working on something to Q2dm1 =D

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:03 pm Profile
Admin

@xRDVx: I plan to add your contributions, and those of ANDREI, but don't be too hurried. Get the time to experiment, play with the tool and possibilities...

I will be away tomorrow and for the week-end, but we will continue this discussion. Try to learn how work triggers and messages, it would be nice to inform players when then found these new secret items ;)

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:08 pm Profile WWW
Champion in quartet

lol.. I just wanted to know (since it is on Unit 3-4)...

In the mean time, yes, I'll do a lot of things... like poking Mik1 to help me with something :roll:

And I don't have problems waitting.. but, i can't test them on Co-op locally... that's the unique problem.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:33 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo and quartet

I think there should be another weapon in Lost Station (unit 1's secret level). Since the super shotty is already in the first level. I'm suggesting Grenade launcher since It'll spread out the ammo usage more, and not too many people like to use grenade launchers. Currently the only reason to go to the secret level is for the invulnerability.
Now the grenade launcher should be somewhat hard to get to, and requires another person to get it. If possible, I say put it on top of the little transport things that carry you. That way you have to be patient for it, but be fast when it comes so you need co-operation. Either that, or put it in the room with the parasite+enforcer+shotty that you have to go through water to get to it. There's probably other areas, but I can't think of any good areas off the top of my head, have to go looking into the map.

I think we could remove quad damages to be honest, They are mainly used for bosses and/or lots of tough enemies in a small area, and with 4 players, you already have "quad damage" anyways. ;)
Invulnerabilities I'd keep for one reason though: Falling into lava. Gives the person enough time to panic and say "H0ST PRESS O!!! I'M BURNINGS ALIVE!!!!11!!" (cause the game still continues if someone that is not host presses o, but that person is not there) Or they can shoot themselves out of the lava if they are close enough to a platform. (there's a couple areas where you cant shoot yourself out without quad damage though)
There's only 1 rebreather I find that is neccessary and that's in Torture chambers. All the others can be removed cause you dont really need them.
Environment suits I'd keep cause the secrets they lead to are usually rather useless.
Silencers should stay cause NO ONE EVER USES THEM!!! It's for stealth, but does anyone take the time to be slow and kill the strogg before he notices you? No! :lol:

In short:
Quad damage - Remove them
Invulnerability - Keep for Lava
Rebreather = Remove all but the one in torture chambers
Environment suit - Keep, the secrets don't really give good stuff.
Silencer - Keep, no one uses them.
Those are my ideas for now

What I'm wondering is, when there's a team of 4 people, what ammo should people be using?
1st person: Super shotty
2nd person: Machinegun
3rd &4th people: Grenade launcher, Rocket Launcher, Railgun, possibly hyper blaster.
Are the 3rd and 4th players supposed to use 2 different guns mainly?
Personally i'd have the 3rd player use grenade launcher and the 4th player use railgun.
I say the grenade launcher because that person can act like artillery and shoot over the other players to injure the enemy, and does decent damage.
I assume railgun shots go through players and hit enemies? Railgun is also slightly harder to use compared to rocket launcher, cause even if you miss with rocket launcher you still do a good ammount of damage to anything around it.
I say possibly hyper blaster cause BFG10k eats waaay too many cells. Also, Cells are used to power the powershield, and since everyone is getting hurt, we don't need to waste even more shells.
What does this have gun using thing have to do with this topic? Simple, trying to find out what Ammo should be placed in the maps. Shells and machinegun are a must since everyone loves to use those. I suggest grenades and railgun for the others, cause rocket launcher fires faster and has more spread damage. I avoid cells cause people shouldnt be using those weapons cause of power shield, and we dont need people spamming bfg10k shots.
So imo this is my priority in ammo:
1. Shells
2. Bullets
3. Grenades
4. Slugs
5. Rockets
6. Cells
What do you think should be added the most when it comes to ammo?
However, I don't think we'd need more ammo if one player picks up ammo, and if it goes past that player's max for that particular ammo, it'd give the extra to a player that has the least ammo. I dunno how hard that'd be to code though.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:54 pm Profile
Champion in quartet

Well.. i nice idea is eliminate some shells / bullets to make people use another weapons :D But, yes, you're right in almost evertything..

Some secrets could be replaced by something else...

But, we must not forget we can't change the gameplay that much (is on rules)...

But of course, why not adding more cells trought the maps, and a bit less of bullets/shells so people may see more interesting using the hyperblaster.

Anyway... we'll see what happens.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:59 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo and quartet

There would have to be at least double the ammount of cells there are now for meto use the hyper blaster.... Cells are my armor! *hugs the power shield*
and replacing some secrets.... Question is, make them worse or better than what they are now?

"But, we must not forget we can't change the gameplay that much (is on rules)..."
Removing Shells and adding Cells, IMO that's a huge change in gameplay. Replacing secrets isn't as bad cause it's not required, and most secrets will still probably be useless, if they become useful, then enemies should be spawned cause of it.
however, If ALL powershields were removed, Then I'd probably use Hyper blaster very often (if i'm by myself). Removing powershields is a huge increase in difficulty (and change in gameplay) cause armor and health will go down faster. I think it's up to Pat whether to remove powershields or not.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:11 pm Profile
Champion in quartet

Is up to pat to decide if changes like we are telling are done or not... in the mean time... we can only wonder what to change =D

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:22 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

how do i unselect an item ?

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:59 pm Profile YIM
Champion in quartet

esc if it is with GTKRadiant.