Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 map 
Champion in solo and duo

Post Re: map
Someone ask him to take a look on this. Or post his answer if you alredy contacted him.

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:26 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

you can contact him too on quake 2 group from msn :lol:

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:21 pm Profile YIM
Champion in solo and duo

My msn is evil, it takes 90% of cpu memory and somehow forgeting my passwords from time to time.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:53 am Profile

lol, then try using yahoo. there you can add contacts from: Yahoo (:lol:), AOL, MSN and 1 more thing :\

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:21 am Profile YIM

KEMPER wrote:
I tryed quark but whole map is lighted anyway. The only map editor that may help is qoole 99, but in quake 2 it is bugged and not loading the textures correctly. I'll try if its possible to use it just for chaning map brightness and lights.

oh, you can go to: build-->fast-vis

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:38 pm Profile YIM
Champion in solo and duo

Tried thet on 2 of my PCs, but it didnt work. Strange, because i still have some of my hexen 2 maps, with good lights.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:31 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo

You have to use FullVis and your maps can't be leaked. You also have to set the light values on all of your point lights, depending on the size of the room, a regular room light should be from 150 to 300.

A leak is a spot where the hull of the map is not sealed. Maps are divided into Vis(ibility) Regions, also sometimes called Sectors (legacy lingo from DOOM era), if a map is leaked it can't properly divide the map, or something like that... Basically the it makes the math for lighting and vis-ing the map fail. The simplest way to seal your map is to put it inside of a giant box - it's also a horrible and wrong way, but at least it lets you know if the problem is a leak or your compiler.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:48 pm Profile WWW

ahh, i tried many times with fullvis, but it didn't work, and my maps are not leaked.. i tried the map editor BSP, and its building things (fast,full,final and qrad) made my maps with light (well, except qrad or full [i don't remember which one] because one of them has got to do it with full light :mrgreen: )

so: try the BSP map editor
P.S.: thanks to mik1 for telling me about that editor (it was a long time ago, but i forgot to post =])

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:08 am Profile YIM

GOTCHA! i have found and solved the problem:
while gtkradiant builds the map, it suddenly shows something like: "Could not find e:\quake2\baseq2\pics\colormap.pcx" in the black window (command promt)

if it doesn't show you that, you should go to prefferences-->build-->check the "show compilation process" and "break on leak"

so,you have got to make a folder called "pics" in the quake 2-->baseq2 folder and copy from quake 2-->baseq2 pak0.pk3 from the folder called "pics" the file called "colormap.pcx" and paste it on quake 2--> baseq2-->pics.

that should fix it!

Sat May 01, 2010 7:02 pm Profile YIM
Champion in solo and duo

ANDREI wrote:
GOTCHA! i have found and solved the problem:
while gtkradiant builds the map, it suddenly shows something like: "Could not find e:\quake2\baseq2\pics\colormap.pcx" in the black window (command promt)

if it doesn't show you that, you should go to prefferences-->build-->check the "show compilation process" and "break on leak"

so,you have got to make a folder called "pics" in the quake 2-->baseq2 folder and copy from quake 2-->baseq2 pak0.pk3 from the folder called "pics" the file called "colormap.pcx" and paste it on quake 2--> baseq2-->pics.

that should fix it!

Oh yeah. I knew about that but I forgot.

Sun May 02, 2010 8:31 pm Profile WWW
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next