Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC

[ 3 posts ] 
 That sucked 
Post That sucked
I was at the drilling rig which bores the hole to the Thealite mines, when I hit it I got stuck in the lever and died. I hit my invulnerability and tried everything in desperation to free myself , even blasting a rocket but I was jammed. Back to base 1 I guess :(
Something else that doesn't seem right is if I had stopped playing right before that point, when I restarted I would be back at the ammo depot. That seems like an awfully long way back considering that between the ammo depot and the bore hole the green scanner cutscene showing your location comes up not once but twice. Shouldn't I be able to restart somewhere in between??? I love the game but I simply don't have steady hours of available time to play it, A player should at least be able to restart after each scanner cutscene he gets through......shouldn't he?

Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:03 am
It´s common to get stuck in a lever or get crushed upon an elevator in Quake II, that´s why it´s recommended to have a key bound to "wsrv_login" so you can use it as an emergency button anytime to return to startmap.
Anyways, it seems strange to me that you were swalowed back to ammo depot from the mines. There was a known issue about a 2 or 3 teleporters not working well, but I´ve no idea about 2 in a row not functioning at all. Maybe your connection got lost or sometihng.

Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:49 pm
actually I do have wsrv_login bound to a key. It just didn't dawn on me to use it :(
Live and learn I guess.

"win without boasting....lose without excuses"

Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:57 pm
 [ 3 posts ]