Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 6:00 am It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Next release, early 2010 
Admin

Post Next release, early 2010
I plan to release a new DLL with a few bug fix and minor enhancement:

• (DONE) report the accomplishment of mission goals to the WorldServer.
  • (DONE) send challenge mode information to Quake2 servers
  • (DONE) create a betatest forum group in place of the actual hack
  • (DONE) Change process for joining a game: In regular mode, no more return to the StartMap when a player join. In Challenge mode, only able to join somebody when he is in the StartMap.
  • (DONE) Add a little skull in the co-op HUD to differentiate challenge mode from regular in screen-shots.
  • (DONE) Differentiate "Regular" servers from "Challenge mode" servers in the "join" menu (add a "[C]" before the name).
  • (DONE) Now weapons can be dropped for sharing with teammates. The counter part is that weapons no more stay when picked up.
  • (DONE) Always reset the inventory when in StartMap
  • (DONE) Send the Makron name in place of "noclass" in events messages.
  • (DONE) Create a new StartMap with a set of button linkable to goal through xmlrules, for allowing dynamic interaction with the WorldServer.
  • to be completed...

Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:42 pm Profile WWW
Admin

Post Re: Next release, early 2010
Update: "Next release before the end of 2009" replaced by "Next release, early 2010" :innocent:

Don't expect too much for this new DLL, I'm impatient to finish it and restart coopordie2 development.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:55 pm Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

lol, you're not an :innocent:, you are a :twisted:!

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:15 pm Profile YIM
Champion in solo and duo

I am waiting for it :)
Will the invisible monsters bug (aka teleporting monsters bug) be fixed?

(edited by admin)

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:56 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

i don't thing it will be fixed.

(edited by admin)

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:02 pm Profile YIM
Admin

@ANDREI and KEMPER: I have edited some parts of your messages. I'm sorry but I won't allow these jokes in this thread.

KEMPER wrote:
Will the invisible monsters bug (aka teleporting monsters bug) be fixed?
No it won't because as far as I understand it, it is an engine and network protocol limitation about entities number.

The only solution is to reduce the number of additional monsters and items. It will be done indirectly by adding buttons in the startmap to select xmlrules: press A for official xmlrules, press B for ANDREI xmlrules with bunch of monsters, press C for classic game...

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:58 pm Profile WWW
Admin and Quake2 betatesters

If somebody want to betatest the last DLL, let me know. I will create a special account for you and send you the file.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:07 pm Profile
Admin and Quake2 betatesters

ANDREI wrote:
CHALLENGE
i have found a little error: when i join a challenge mod server, it refuses the connection, like normally, but i can't go back to the startmap, so i have got to exit quake 2.. enter coopordie.bat.. wsrv_login.. and this takes a while, it's like a crash.
In fact, with Quake2 the "join" menu is client side, so I can't modify it. And when a server reject you, it's the way it works. You can type "map startmap" in the console to return to it. But I admit it is not very nice.

On the server side, if the player who host the game return to startmap, all the players already in the game will stay connected and the new entrant will automatically join.

ANDREI wrote:
also, you should put that skull (hud's skull) in the joining menu too, to differentiate the challenge mod servers from regular servers.
Like previously mentioned, the menu is client side. But I will take a look if it's possible to change automatically the name of the game in case of challenge mode.

ANDREI wrote:
REGULAR
it works well, but it would be more fun if you may NOT return to startmap when somebody dies, but the guy that dies should keep his inventory
Without any return to the Startmap when a player die, "coop or die" will be no more "coop or die", no?

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:42 pm Profile
Quake2 betatesters

betatest wrote:
ANDREI wrote:
REGULAR
it works well, but it would be more fun if you may NOT return to startmap when somebody dies, but the guy that dies should keep his inventory
Without any return to the Startmap when a player die, "coop or die" will be no more "coop or die", no?

oh, alright

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:21 am Profile
Admin

I can't find any good solution for managing the arrival of new players in challenge mode. If we want to prevent it outside the StartMap, the player who try to join need to be rejected in this case. Then, he is stuck in a full screen console and need to type "map startmap" if he want to restart in solo.

The good thing is that when trying to join a server, Quake2 retry until the player stop it. So if the server return to StartMap, the player will join automatically.

This is that type of problem that make me think I must stop to try any enhancement of this mod... :?

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:37 pm Profile WWW
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next