Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 1:15 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Next release, early 2010 
Champion in quartet

Post Re: Next release, early 2010
hey, what do you mean? They can always go and do: Esc -> Multiplayer -> Join -> <anotherserver>

You don't un-log when you get like that.. else the whole system would be dumb.

Is like... you are not sending packages all the time, even when you're on a map... The server takes it like either lag spike or anything else... as long as you were logged in before (within a certain time) it would take it like you had Internet issues. IIRC, somewhere.... there is a report saying there is no connection to WSRV. However, when you regain connection, it should work correctly. IIRC, I remark.

And people can still learn to type map pregame/startmap -> wsrv_login <user> <password> -> back in action.. don't you think?

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:46 pm Profile
Admin

xRDVx wrote:
hey, what do you mean? They can always go and do: Esc -> Multiplayer -> Join -> <anotherserver>
They can join another server, but can't return to their own StartMap except by typing "map StartMap" wsrv_login ...

Maybe a good FAQ can be enough.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:39 pm Profile WWW
Admin

I've added some code for differentiate "Regular" servers from "Challenge mode" servers in the "join" menu. It adds a "[C]" before the name for challenge mode players.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:21 pm Profile WWW
Admin

New modification added in SVN: now all weapons can be dropped for sharing with teammates. The counter part is that weapons no more stay when picked up.

You will have to choose who takes the shotgun and who takes the machine gun :mrgreen:

Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:03 pm Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

it's even better :P more teamplay (somebody uses bullets, somebody else shells, somebody else rockets and grenades, .....) and the drop feature is great :D

also,
Pat Aftermoon wrote:
Don't expect too much for this new DLL, I'm impatient to finish it and restart coopordie2 development.

you are a lier :P (we can expect really much from this release :tongue: )

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:03 pm Profile YIM
Admin

ANDREI wrote:
you are a lier :P (we can expect really much from this release :tongue: )
No, in fact this is only minor changes. But I'm tired to try to enhance this mod. The fact that I limit myself to only change the dll is very restrictive, and I won't never be satisfied by the result.

I'm really impatient to finish it and restart coopordie2 development.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:41 pm Profile WWW
Champion in quartet

I wish I knew more c/c++. I really wish. But you know, that change is quite important. With it, as stated by andrei, teamwork MUST increase. Else, you're going to die. However, this may be also a nice point to "reset" the hall of fame. The gameplay changes, to not say alot, just by the fact you're not going to have extra ammo (this is: Ammo from pickup*number of players + ammo pick ups), so that means the ammo is gonna be, not only a lot less, (for example: SG+SSG= 20, 20 * Num of players, all ammo pick ups; MG+CHAINGUN = 100, 100*Num of players, all ammo pick ups; etc.)

So, basically this will make a lot of areas more dangerous [BaseX, and a few others I can't recall right now], and certain situations a matter of luck, and skill, due to the lack of enough ammo. So just because of that little change, the whole dynamic, in my opinion, will change, also will let you pick up the gun several times, but that's just lame and kills the whole sense. However, we all agree that you ccould span a map for health, armor maybe, but not for guns, that just kills the whole fun of it: at least on pourpose.

Therefore, I'm happy you did it, and think there is a hhuge difference between the old gameplay, and this one. And, this long post, and I'm sure I don't need to play the dll to be sure that I'm right.

Oh, yeah, before I forget.. ON quake 2, the dll does a lot, yes... but without modifing the actual engine, it is not complete. I've to agree with you on that Pat. And then I guess that's why you want to switch to CoOD2 ASAP. There, you're sure you're going to be able to model it until you're satisfied with it, thing that you can't do in quake 2 without modifying models, maps, sounds and even the engine itself. Is sad, from the point of the player, and the programmer, but is the reality.

So, keep up the hard work.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:00 am Profile
Admin

It's probably the last feature I plan to implement in this release: in game vote reported to the worldserver.

Pictures from the startmap :

The feature will be tested and the new version will probably be released in a week or two.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:50 pm Profile WWW
Champion in quartet

So that's how you voted more ammo/ health. I find it great.

But I'm just thinking.. what would it affect gameplay in?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:39 pm Profile
Admin

xRDVx wrote:
But I'm just thinking.. what would it affect gameplay in?
It will change gameplay through xmlrules: more ammo loot from monsters I guess...

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:11 pm Profile WWW
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next