Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC

[ 8 posts ] 
 Couple new modes? Kill/damage counters? 
Champion in solo and duo and quartet

Post Couple new modes? Kill/damage counters?
The 3 modes I am thinking of are:
Blaster Challenge
Modified Campaign (while also having the challenge mode we have now)
Shared ammo/HP/armor? (Shared inventory)

Blaster Challenge
Blaster Challenge because it's the weakest weapon in the game and infinite ammo. (other weapons you'd have to leave enemies alive because there's not enough ammo) Another reason is that it'll make it so more people is actually better cause it takes a lot longer to kill the monsters, thus having people co-operate or die from being attacked by too many monsters.
Currently I'm going through Challenge mode again using only a blaster, to see if there's any parts that absolutely can't be done. Research lab is my main concern.

Modified Campaign
Basicly it's challenge mode, but, this one has all of the modified parts that makes coop or die. There'd also be another mode that's just the campaign unmodified. (but monsters still get replaced by better versions sometimes) I figured this be a good idea, since members are going to contribute by making changes to some maps. Since, some people will want to play coop or die normally without any added ammo/guns/monsters.

Shared Inventory
Now, I'm not sure if this is possible. However, I think it would be cool for there to be a shared inventory mode. This would make things go a bit faster, and people decide what weapon they wanna use, so you dont have to drop ammo, or show someone where it is, and all that.

I was just wondering if any of these modes would be possible. I really love all these ideas

Kill counter
I noticed there are points for each player on the team, depending on how much they kill and what they kill. I was wondering if it would be possible to turn that into a kill counter so you can tell what each person has killed. =)

Damage counter
I'd like to see who does the most damage in each team, just was wondering if this could be done. Just wondering if this could be done, or that the server couldn't update fast enough or something.

Just a few ideas, Just wanted to know what other people thought of them. Also wondering if Pat would like them to be implemented into coop or die.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:14 am Profile
Champion in quartet

Post Re: Couple new modes? Kill/damage counters?
The ones at the end.. could be done easly..

THe shared invetory would need a huge change to support both changes... However, maybe having a wolrdspawn inventory, and then linking players inventory to that, could be done...

about the other ones, is up to the comunity.

EDIT: I need to stop talking...

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Last edited by xRDVx on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:25 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

about those new modes, let's add some new weapons to the coop or die :D like that WODX (weapon mod) weapons , but not same weapons.
nailgun:
-need weapon nailgun
-need nail ammo
-it shots nails like hyperblaster
-damage will be 1.5x bullets damage
-firing speed: machinegun speed

and new monsters :D:
description: a monster with a shield and has a rocket launcher as weapon.
shield is destroyed with 100 bullets and monster is killed with 40 bullets
it uses shield after it uses his weapon, after 5 seconds it uses again weapon

but this is possible?

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:08 pm Profile YIM
Champion in solo

ANDREI wrote:
about those new modes, let's add some new weapons to the coop or die :D like that WODX (weapon mod) weapons , but not same weapons.
nailgun:
-need weapon nailgun
-need nail ammo
-it shots nails like hyperblaster
-damage will be 1.5x bullets damage
-firing speed: machinegun speed

This resembles the ETF Rifle from Ground Zero. The ETF Rifle shoots Nails, makes the sound the Nailgun from Quake does and uses Flechettes as amno type. You gotta nerf it first though because it was pretty overpowered in Ground Zero.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:46 am Profile
Champion in quartet

Well
Then someone (NOT PAT) need to work on that

I... welll I'm working on some other projects and I don't know enough to do that... Still... I could ask paril 8-) but I'll not... not yet..

In the mean time.... Keep thinking on something that could be implemented without involving a new release of .dll

EDIT: For the own good of everything..

Last edited by xRDVx on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:14 am Profile
Champion in solo and duo

Kill counter doesn't seem all that useful to me.

I would much rather see how frequently a player uses a certain weapon, some kind of an accuracy-meter and counter for several consecutive kills.

Also, showing the best times for beating separate maps or units would be an interesting addition.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:01 pm Profile
Champion in quartet

That would be fun! =D
See how fast you can beat Makron! Hell yeah. =)

Tell always the truth and you'll die... Lie and you will live longer...

However, is proved that is better to tell the truth.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:55 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Keeshu wrote:
Research lab is my main concern.

i once died there and i had to start witha blaster. i got trought the map but i nearly died but i think it would be easier with powerarmor and other armors. thouht i picked up weps you find but i had to kill unch of parasites with blaster and 100 hp
Keeshu wrote:
Shared Inventory
Now, I'm not sure if this is possible. However, I think it would be cool for there to be a shared inventory mode. This would make things go a bit faster, and people decide what weapon they wanna use, so you dont have to drop ammo, or show someone where it is, and all that.

that would be cool
Keeshu wrote:
Kill counter
I noticed there are points for each player on the team, depending on how much they kill and what they kill. I was wondering if it would be possible to turn that into a kill counter so you can tell what each person has killed. =)

yeah. it would also be cool to have like how many/what monsters killed in profile or somethnig. that would be hard to make thought.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:58 am Profile
 [ 8 posts ]