Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:51 am It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Quake II Retexture [Release 1] 
Champion in solo and duo

Post Re: Quake II Retexture
xRDVx wrote:
Well, I'm glad you are doing so. I love having high-res textures, but you have to also take into account that sure will hurt your performance (yet to figure out to unlimit my fps cap).

The largest texture is at 512x; most are only 256x, so Q2 should run fine on any modern computer. I'm sure you'd have trouble if you tried to run it on a 3DFX Voodoo 2 - which is what I originally played Q2 on... Ah I was so psyched about the COLORED LIGHTS, once I switched it out of software mode on my birthday. Haha.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:25 pm Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo

108 textures of e1u1 are completed, of which approximately 45 are unique textures. I have 25 textures in the cue to be completed today and/or tomorrow, but I'm thinking about doing a partial release after those - instead of keeping everyone waiting for years for some mythical release date like so many other mods and amateur projects.

So you can look forward to seeing the textures from the screenshots in your games soon. :D

But don't worry I'm not abandoning this project; I'm a little burnt out from making over a hundred high quality textures in just five days of work, so I can't promise the finished product will come in a timely manner, it may take me a few months to finish - especially as I start a job in a few weeks and I may be going to art school after the summer.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:30 pm Profile WWW
Admin

Zethzune wrote:
I'm thinking about doing a partial release after those - instead of keeping everyone waiting for years for some mythical release date like so many other mods and amateur projects.
Good idea (and right strategy ;))

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:59 pm Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo

Hello everyone, (Partial) Release 1:

http://www.zethzune.com/q2/e1u1_pack1.zip

Enjoy :D

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:06 pm Profile WWW

Post Re: Quake II Retexture [Release 1]
Nice textures, allthough some of them seem fairly artificial, like the floor in this pic.

Also, I wouldn't say that it's ambitious, don't worry about what anybody else says; if you can do it, you can do it.

Tue May 11, 2010 2:29 am Profile
Champion in quartet

Enforcer: Why not get a real floor like that :D I bet we could put textures made off real world :D

But nice work indeed!
If you can do it, and you want to, DO IT!

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Tue May 11, 2010 5:21 pm Profile

xRDVx wrote:
Enforcer: Why not get a real floor like that :D I bet we could put textures made off real world :D

But nice work indeed!
If you can do it, and you want to, DO IT!

Yes, of course.

But the problem is finding a floor in real life which looks like that, unless you mean putting different patterns and textures together to get the same effect.

Tue May 11, 2010 6:57 pm Profile
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2