Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 am It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Difficulty level suggestion 
Post Difficulty level suggestion
I plan to add a "gaming style" parameter in the player profile.
You will choose one of these 2 options :

- softcore : when you are killed, you loose all your inventory but you keep you teleporters, so have only to collect some equipment and restart the current mission.

- hardcore : when you are killed, you loose all your inventory and all your teleporters, you need to restart at the mission 1 (Outer Base). This mode is the actual setting.

So players who are tired to restart at MISSION 1 will have the possibility to choose the softcore. The players who want to beat the entire game with one life like Crusard or Demoness will choose the hardcore.

Note : in the next release, the StartMap will include a new room : The Hall of Fame, with the name of all betatesters (yes you, the players ;)) and players who have finished the entire game with one life will have a picture of their avatar in a frame on the wall.

Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:58 pm

Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:02 am
well i think that is is a very good idea..being i start over every session :) lol anyway i think that for people who beat the game in one life get a nwe options as special to make the game even more difficult: nightmare hardcore would probly keep crusade busy for a few weeks.. like make the chances of findin a bigger guy in replace of a soldier very good. and to balance it a lil adrenalines are savable up 150... and points are worth twice as much :).. although such a mode would not be appropriate for most users... i cant get past the one with the lasers on the floor.. :(
(even with cheets) damn lasors

Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:55 pm
Post Dos Lasers
Theres a way to evade going through em, I can tell- :idea:

Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:41 pm
i cant get past the one with the lasers on the floor.. :(

You don't have to. Just before entering this building where are lasors jump into water and swim through canal. There u must deactivate the fan by destroying something ;). I think U will know what to destroy :lol:

Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:09 pm
Sounds like a good idea to me. But is anybody really gonna admit to being softcore? lol

Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:58 pm
i cant get past the one with the lasers on the floor.. :(

God man don't mention cheats please ( eww the thought) and as for the lasers there are 2 ways to come upon them, one way you'll find a switch to shut them off nearby ( not telling just look for it 8) ) but be prepared for a slight surprise shortly after in the form of some hostiles. And someone mentioned a nightmare mode which i've played using Quake2 max but it didn't add more enemy like Quake 1 does but the enemies you do have don't flinch when you shoot them which if your practicing speedruns is crucial.

Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:05 pm
But is anybody really gonna admit to being softcore? lol

Me :lol:

Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:05 pm
i meant as in nightmare like i mode after hard if u can beat hte game in hard (crusard, demonness so far) they have even another mode to try after that... crusard told me that since he beat the game he is now only a beta tester.. and (everyone is a beta tester) anyway a nightmare mode where not more guys added but like instead of seing a soldier u see the chick with rockets more often if u get what i meant... and i will admit to being softcore!

Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:19 pm
If you get stuck there in jail1, push the drum of explosives into the red laser. It's not like a normal drum; it can take an awful lot of damage. It'll effectively block the laser so you can crouch past it.

The underwater route works better tho.

Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:46 am
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next