Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 3:21 pm It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Source port question 

Post Re: Source port question
Chances are people will have them anyway, but they hardly take any time to download; especially if they come with the download.

Well, a skybox is a 2d background, you cannot walk into a skybox and explore it; its visibility isn't determined by drawdistance.

But none of the Quake 2 retail maps are that big.

Mon May 17, 2010 10:29 am Profile

I'm still looking for a better qvis computer, right now a simple open area takes about 3 days to vis compile (-fast doesn't work, the map is only 'just' too big for fastvis to process the map).

Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:45 pm Profile

By the way pat, I wanted to ask you about the Berserker engine. Berserker is probably the best sourceport available in terms of graphical features for quake 2, and as I have been told by the author, does not break compatibility with the normal quake 2 netcode, although so far I haven't been able to get it to run with coopordie, which is a great shame.

Would support needed to be added for it, such as a .DLL? It would be fantastic if support was bridged for this with coopordie.

This is what berserker looks like (with some lighting shaders done by me).

Note from admin: please don't put a 3 Mo picture directly in this forum, add a link, think about low connection users...

Click here to see animated picture (3 Mo)

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:55 pm Profile

IMHO You should remember that some of us don't have very fast computers, especially here in central america, you don't know if someone is playing on a Dual Core or in a Pentium II, and a Pentium II is even too much compared with other and more older computers. Think globally, not locally.

3.Complete Challenge Mode.In Progress
4.Buy me a better PC.Done.
5.Get me a better internet connection.Done

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:27 pm Profile

Quakero wrote:
IMHO You should remember that some of us don't have very fast computers, especially here in central america, you don't know if someone is playing on a Dual Core or in a Pentium II, and a Pentium II is even too much compared with other and more older computers. Think globally, not locally.

I was asking Pat whether coopordie could support it, not to make it pre-requisit for anybody who wants to play coopordie, like all of the other supported sourceports.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:45 pm Profile

Well, you should make it for everyone, because if your map is a hit, then more people would try COOP or DIE. But if you make it to be only playable on the latest computers, then not so many people would be interested. Some maps, like the stench series, are very great maps that anyone can play.

3.Complete Challenge Mode.In Progress
4.Buy me a better PC.Done.
5.Get me a better internet connection.Done

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:50 pm Profile

I think there is some confusion, Coopordie already features support for many pre-existing sourceports with appropriate net compatibility already, Beserker can be enabled to use Vanila compatibility, although Berserker doesn't seem to work wiith coopordie yet.

I am making a map, although that is not exclusive to any particular sourceport, it's for coopordie, so it has to be playable for everyone.

I've been trying to work on this map (and mission) a while ago, athough since I have been quite seriously ill, i haven't been able to work on it.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:59 pm Profile
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2