Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC

[ 5 posts ] 
 question 
Champion in solo

Post question
hi. first of all, i would like to congratulate the developer(s) for making such a fantastic mod. i'd like to know if there is a way to set the game rules not to close the the map for every player if one dies, and instead to respawn at the beginning of the map, just like in the default quake2 coop.

and also i'd like a map with lots of moving lasers and forcefields and lava pools, please :D i hate them for removing all these in quake 4. :(

thanks.

Mon May 17, 2010 7:30 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: question
keops wrote:
hi. first of all, i would like to congratulate the developer(s) for making such a fantastic mod. i'd like to know if there is a way to set the game rules not to close the the map for every player if one dies, and instead to respawn at the beginning of the map, just like in the default quake2 coop.

and also i'd like a map with lots of moving lasers and forcefields and lava pools, please :D i hate them for removing all these in quake 4. :(

thanks.

well.. first off the dying thing. The coop or die idea is COOP OR DIE, so its part of the game that you will restart. if 1 does bad everyone suffers.

second, the lava stuff. In a long game like q2 campaint the lava (not so much) and lasers are the worst killers, but it could be nice to have a laser/trap map just alone, so you dont really lose game progress because of 1 hit kills..

i could make a map like that but i usually end up not finishing maps and i dont really have any idea what it should be like.. ive made a maps like that but they are not that good really.

EDIT: oh also, welcome to COoD

Tue May 18, 2010 3:16 pm Profile
Champion in solo

well, i suppose you're right, but there could be a newbie mode implemented alongside regular and challenge to support the classic coop for less experienced users.

i also suggest the addition of a test spawn map, which would look like a big arena, and the user(s) would have a button for each monster to spawn. it would be good for practice and also a lot of fun making them fight each other :D i've made such a map once on Chasm: the Rift (an older quake-like shooter) and it was great. unfortunately, i'm not familiar with quake editing programs.

oh, and one more thing. i can't add the extra monsters on challenge mode. anyone knows why? i press the button in the startmap and when i go to the quake campaign the total monsters number is the same.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:35 pm Profile
Champion in quartet

Well, because challenge has not that option enabled (gladly), it doesn't work. Start in regular and you'll be able to add the monsters--

Now, about the newbie thing, the best thing you can do is talk to some of us to play with us and try to learn why we do some stuff (like doing the Rush for the head campaign with two (it takes more cooperation that you would guess, more of a... explode the flyers with grenade!)

Normal coop fails because everyone will just go +forward (+forward = Going always ahead, without thinking/stopping, could be considered as rushing) because if they die, they'll just respawn with the guns. So, the magic of coop or die is you lose those so you actually try to NOT die :)

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Tue May 18, 2010 6:16 pm Profile
Admin

keops wrote:
I can't add the extra monsters on challenge mode. anyone knows why? i press the button in the startmap and when i go to the quake campaign the total monsters number is the same.

Additional monsters work in both challenge and regular mode. Currently there are no additional monsters in the first map of the campaign (could change in a near future).

Tue May 18, 2010 9:24 pm Profile WWW
 [ 5 posts ]