Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 8:41 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 ANDREI additional monsters: how it (should) works 
Admin

Post ANDREI additional monsters: how it (should) works
I just add some precision about the button in the StartMap to activate the ANDREI additional monsters.

• If you want the monsters, it has to be activated EVERY time you enter the StartMap.
  • It works in both modes, regular and challenge.
  • I've just added a message that is displayed when entering the 1st map of the campaign if you have ANDREI monsters activated.
  • Now, there is more monsters in the first map (visible when pressing F1) if you have ANDREI monsters activated.
  • If you don't have ANDREI monsters activated after pushing the button, try to take more time between pushing the button and entering a teleporter. Sometime, the worldserver has erratic response time and may receive your teleporter entry before your button push. Wait 15 seconds if you have some doubts.

Feel free to post some feedback.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:22 pm Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post ok a question
i just checked it now.
it still doesn't work on challenge (i tried waiting firstly 35 seconds then just 10 seconds but nothing).
it WORKS on regular (it even gave me a text about my monsters xD)

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:52 pm Profile YIM
Admin

Post Re: ANDREI additional monsters: how it (should) works
OK, thank you ANDREI.

In fact there is no xmlrules at all for the classic campaign in challenge mode since the beginning of 2010. But it is not applied in betatest mode and it's why I've forgotten it.

It is corrected, now you have additional monsters in challenge mode, and if you push the ANDREI button in the StartMap, You have even more monsters, like in regular mode.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:37 pm Profile WWW

There seems to be a major bug with this, I just entered the Lost Station, returned to the installation, and monsters were constantly spawning inside me (as in, treating me like some kind of mobile spawnpoint) and I eventually died because i couldn't aim or shoot a parasite who was stuck inside me, and nearly downed when an enforcer spawned inside of me while making my way back from the secret level access in the underwater passage.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:42 am Profile

KEMPER did a post with this problem too (or at least he started talking about the problem on an already existing post).

anyways, it can be fixed in-game by returning to startmap and going to the 'last map teleporter'. they won't spawn anymore (except if you go to a map that has got my monsters and return back to a map that has got my monsters too)

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:33 am Profile YIM
Champion in quartet

Well: This is it, There are too much monsters! That's about it <.< So, Andrei.. you've got to get triggers, and less monsters. :P

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:47 pm Profile
Admin

xRDVx wrote:
This is it, There are too much monsters!
It is why the ANDREI add-on was deactivated in challenge mode before the button was implemented in the StartMap.

xRDVx wrote:
So, Andrei.. you've got to get triggers, and less monsters.
I agree.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:12 pm Profile WWW

you could make the monsters trigger_spawn and add a trigger so this way they woulnd be visible all around the map but it would take a lot reworking.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:41 am Profile

I think the monster density is fine, any less and it wouldn't be as challenging.

But triggers to determine the random distribution of monsters so that they are allways in different places (or maybe can even wander in the map from somewhere) should be added aswell.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:16 pm Profile

CombatEnforcer wrote:
I think the monster density is fine, any less and it wouldn't be as challenging.

But triggers to determine the random distribution of monsters so that they are allways in different places (or maybe can even wander in the map from somewhere) should be added aswell.

that would be cool. with this you could not learn the enemy locations from before and it would get more interestiong. do you think if some amount of groups of monsters that are random wich are on and wich off or every enemy (extras) is random so about half are on and half off.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:09 am Profile
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next