Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 2:49 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC

[ 4 posts ] 
 Looking for other players + A suggestion to pat. 
Champion in solo

Post Looking for other players + A suggestion to pat.
Hello Everyone, And thank you Pat for this amazing mod. I played it a year ago with my brother and had a Hell-of-a-lot-a-fun.Thing is my brother didn't want to play challenge mode. So I only have 1 star from soloing challenge mode. So now I have come back and want to get the 2,3 and 4 stars. So I'm looking for some players to help me get my stars.

So if anyone wants to play contact me on skype. My skype name is ste41k.

You can also contact me on steam. My steam name is SomeThingEviL.

A suggestion to Everyone. You should use the Occupation section on you profile to give people your skype or other messaging service name. So people can get in contact and setup games. I saw a suggestion in the forums to add a skype input box for the profile. That would be nice but this works too.

==================================================================================

A suggestion to pat. In The guide section of the web page you do not mention that you need port 27910 open to be seen by other players.The only thing you say is this:

If you want to be joined by other players, pay attention to firewall, proxy or NAT, they can make you unreachable.

You should add this to the guide section of the web page:

Quote:
For other players being able to join you, your quake2 need to be reachable from the Internet. Routers, NAT, proxy and firewalls may block the connection. You can manually unlock the port 27910 for both UDP and TCP, or you can use virtual network tool like Hamachi.

Or just add a link to this post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=147 where I got that from.

I would also add a link to http://portforward.com/ . This way people can find out how to manually unlock the port.

I don't think many people know you need port 27910 open. I often see people on (from the web page Chat box thing) but do not see them in the in-game list. I think this is why.

Anyway just a thought.

One more suggestion I know you've got before.

You really should add the two quake 2 expansions to coop or die. If you don't do it soon then things around here might start slowing down until coop or die is dead.(AND WE NEVER WANT THAT)

I know it would be a lot of work to add the quake 2 expansions (and you have other things to do) , but it would make this mod so much more Fantastically awesome and complete.

Thanks once more for Coop or Die.

Last edited by SomeThingEviL on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:13 am Profile
Admin

Post Re: Looking for other players + A suggestion to pat.
SomeThingEviL wrote:
Hello Everyone, And thank you Pat
Hello SomeThingEviL and thank you for these kind words.

SomeThingEviL wrote:
A suggestion to pat. In The guide section of the web page you do not mention that you need port 27910 open to be seen by other players.
I take note.

SomeThingEviL wrote:
You really should add the two quake 2 expansions to coop or die.
This is the last update I plan to do someday to this mod.

I hope you find teammates and got new stars. ;)

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:28 am Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Hi. Nice to see someone at coopordie. Ive been cheking the coop chat sometimes and maybe played for 15 minutes.. theres no much stuff for me anymore in COoD ;) .

Anyway i do not have skype (had it but too lazy to reinstall) i use MSN and Xfire for chatting.
if you got a MSN i could add you. id like to play some coop or die again, im online from my timezone 15.00 to 18.00 or 18.00 to 21.00 (about).

Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:29 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Pat AfterMoon wrote:
SomeThingEviL wrote:
You really should add the two quake 2 expansions to coop or die.
This is the last update I plan to do SOMEDAY to this mod.

Oh, pat.. don't torture us like that..

To SomeThingEvil: if you would make a msn account, i shall invite you to my quake 2 coop or die group (there are some players that might play with you). My msn is: andrei@quake2.com (especially made for quake 2)

damned vacation.. i lose my summer holiday here when i could contribute to coop or die >_>

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:58 am Profile YIM
 [ 4 posts ]