Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 11:47 pm It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

[ 5 posts ] 
 Texture Pack Forever 
Champion in solo and duo

Post Texture Pack Forever
Hey everyone, I'm back. 8-)
I'm not back to play Quake 2, as much as I love it, and as much nostalgia as it holds for me, I'm done playing it for this decade. I'll see you on Stroggos in 2020.

I'm back to complete my texture pack. I won't (and can't) promise that I'll finish the entire game, but I intend to at least finish the textures for e1u1. I've improved since my first release, so I will be revamping some of the most critical textures (crates, of course) first.

Check back soon for progress pictures.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:36 am Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo

Post Re: Texture Pack Forever
First Image: Box Texture Comparison

From left to right: Standard High-Res Pack, zethzune 2010, zethzune 2011; creation process of 2011.

I still need to create the color and label variations for the box. As with the 2010 pack all crates will be correctly labeled in "Strogg" (English with Strogg characters) for destination. Interestingly, due to sloppiness by Willits (Q2 Map Designer), the boxes in the Supply Depot are from multiple texture sets, and with my texture pack this makes it appear as if it is actually a shipping hub with destined boxes!

Edit: Now with real* normal maps! Image

* Actually they're fake, but they're more real than the usual crap generated from average RGB as depth. I use the same method on a separately created depth map version of the texture. Real real normal maps are generated using a mesh in something like Maya or using volumetric pixels in zBrush or Mudbox.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:16 pm Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Looks awesome!
I like the scratched metal texture.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:42 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo

I will unfortunately be ~5000km away from my computer until mid August. Textures will have to wait. :[

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:47 pm Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Nice textures!

Zethzune wrote:
I will unfortunately be ~5000km away from my computer until mid August. Textures will have to wait. :[

O.O
Tip: buy a laptop if you can :D

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:25 am Profile YIM
 [ 5 posts ]