Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:29 pm It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

[ 6 posts ] 
 Hail! 

Post Hail!
Hello Quake 2 coop players, its been years and years since I played this and I am excited to come across this site! Thank you team and I hope to play soon.

BTW: Does this support Berserker Q2?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:56 pm Profile
Admin

Post Re: Hail!
Hi Phobosares,

You are welcome to COOP or DIE !

I have never tried the Berserker Q2 engine. If it provides compatibility with the vanilla Quake2 DLL it should work with the COOP or DIE modification.

The main site seems to be written in Russian, so I can't help a lot ;)
http://berserker.quakegate.ru/

CU

Pat

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:13 pm Profile WWW

Hey, I got berserker Quake 2 fully installed.. It looks really nice, however there is some differences that should be noted.

Berserker Quake 2 uses certain things such as "fly cubes" that replace the flies over a corpse. They basically hover over each fallen strogg and cut them up with a laser, it they are attacked they will fight you, but have unlimited health and dissapear after the given corpse has been "decomposed".

That being said, will this mod conflict with the ability to play coop? Its a great mod, and I wish to stick with it, but also have normal Quake 2 working just incase. I can disable the fly cube pk2 addon with a special config file for berserker, but how do I make it so that when berserker starts up, it runs the Coop or die stuff?

I tried running it and it goes to the world server login level, but when I type to login information command it just enters it in as chat.

Here is a picture of the console command entering as chat:
Moderator: Image link removed, it show your password, please, don't show your password to everybody.

BY the way, I am on steam. Is anyone else?

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 pm Profile
Admin

Phobosares wrote:
I tried running it and it goes to the world server login level, but when I type to login information command it just enters it in as chat

It is the classic result when the coopordie DLL is not taken in account. If I have time, I will take a look at this engine. If it is like the Quake2XP engine, it has maybe a compatibility mode that allows to use a standard Quake2 DLL.
This engine seems really nice.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:15 pm Profile WWW

Ahh crap, I forgot to blur out my account information.. sorry.. Thanks for removing it!

It is nice, the engine uses all kinds of amazing graphics features like Water caustics, stencil buffering, etc. I don't think I have even seen such a mod made for any other game.

Also, if you figure out a compatibility mode, let me know.

-Phobosares

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:38 am Profile

yes good one :)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:39 pm Profile
 [ 6 posts ]