Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Supply Station Entrance bug 
Champion in solo

Post Re: Supply Station Entrance bug
KEMPER wrote:
Invisible monsters bug was in the Warehouse, in that room that has entrence to the Supply Station, and a smaller room locked by lasers with a monster inside. And the floating medkits, that sometimes turns into monster soldier corpses were randomly appearing during all the Warehouse, after i collected power cubes and killed invisible monsters. I have some screenshots of this (JPEG).

I thought you could only enter Supply Station via the Amno Depot map.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:48 pm Profile
Admin

@KEMPER: in fact I wasn't able to reproduce the bug, but it is a know bug. It is a limitation of number of entities in classic Quake2 engine. This bug can occurs more frequently if you play in co-op, and even most if every players use the machine gun (lots of impacts). The dead bodies and additional monsters added by coopordie increase the occurrence of the bug.

Some maps have initially more entities than others, so if the bug occurs more often in a given map, I can disable dead bodies or additional monsters for this map.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:11 pm Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

i have got an ideea :idea: , but not very good: you can modify the .dll, so maps can have more entities.

else, coopordie's features must be disabled; because the players will think "damn, this quake 2 mod sucks. i get killed by monsters spawning on me or i get followed by dead bodies or flying items". so, our comunity will grow slow..

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:26 am Profile YIM
Admin

ANDREI wrote:
you can modify the .dll, so maps can have more entities.
No, it's engine side.

ANDREI wrote:
else, coopordie's features must be disabled
I have a better idea, with the next release, the worldserver will be informed about target_goal triggered. I plan to add a set of push button in the startmap. Something like: "Push this button if you want to be overloaded by the bunch of monsters added by ANDREI" :mrgreen:

Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:48 am Profile WWW
Champion in quartet

Hahahahaha.... That would be fun, pat.. lol.

But but.. that wouldn't solve the problem.. though.. Even though on having one body per room? Wich shows the people that died there, of course :P

Now that you mention it... Have you even took a loot at the code, pat?

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:07 am Profile
Champion in solo and duo

This bug also heppened to me at base1 -> base2. I entered base2 but accidently pushed elevator and when i came back to base2 a bunch of invisible monsters appeared in the elevator with me (after a while they became visible).
This reminds me half-life 1 engine limit on brush models, when if you try to spawn more than 512 models on the map they are spawning and acting but they are invisible.

Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:42 pm Profile
Admin

xRDVx wrote:
Have you even took a loot at the code, pat?
I've tried to correct this bug in the past and wasn't able to. I'm not motivated to start again, sorry...

@KEMPER: I have received your demos. The way to look at them is to type demomap <demoname>.dm2 in your console (replace <demoname> by the name of your demo). Unfortunately, it seem that demo doesn't support map change, so I can't see yours entirely.

Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:40 pm Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo

Map changes are important too, but i can make a video of the bug only at Ammo Depot, so you can see the bug itself.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:39 pm Profile
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2