Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:06 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC

[ 4 posts ] 
 Quake 2xp crashing 
Champion in solo

Post Quake 2xp crashing
Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with quake2xp crashing right after double clicking the .exe file. I love to use quake2xp and It was preciously working after updating my graphics card and installing directx 9.0c.. Now I dont understand how these things can cause my game to fail but this is very stressing to me. I absolutly wish to only use quake2xp if I can, although if I have to then I will use egl (I tested egl and it still works along with regular quake). I looked around other forums yet I couldnt find any similler posts.

here are my computer soecs if it helps at all.

Processor: AMD Athlon 2 X4 620 2.61GHz
2GB of RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce 9500 GT

I understand this is an old game but I <3 the classics!
Thank you

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:29 pm Profile
Champion in quartet

Post Re: Quake 2xp crashing
It is just a "q2xp.exe stopped working" kind of error? I mean, it is not very descriptive anyway. I *think* it could happen if you're missing a file. Not sure, however.

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:43 pm Profile
Champion in solo

Yeah it is exactly that really. I try to launch then game and my cpu spikes up a tiny bit, something you would see normelly when a program is functioning.. except that after a few ticks on the graw screen it just crashes with one of those "dont send" errors. I just at a loss here, because all I did different recently was install directx 9.0c and updated my graphics card.
I suppose all I can do now is just try different things to make this thing work again for the meantime.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:57 pm Profile
Champion in solo

Okay so I fixed my problem.. I had downloaded an update to quake2xp a day or so ago, and forgot about it.. needless to say, that update fixed it.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:53 am Profile
 [ 4 posts ]