Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC

[ 4 posts ] 
 Coopordie not working (Steam version) 

Post Coopordie not working (Steam version)
I have a copy of Quake 2 purchased through steam and im trying to get Coopordie to work but when i unziped it into the Quake2 folder edited the batch file and tried to run it it brings up the msdos window closes it and brings up the steam loading box and just stays like that, i also originally tried copying my quake2 folder from my steamapps/common/ folder and did the same for that but it gave me a generic numerical error i dont have quake2max or the other engine at the moment since i cant find quake2max anywhere anymore but i dont remember having to have it, my system specs are as follows: Windows 7 32-bit nvidia 8400gs intel core 2 quad 2.33GHz 2048mbs ram,
would appreciate any help i can get
The pic i attached is the error when i copy the quake 2 folder out of the steam folder and i think that is why i get that error
:(

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:17 am Profile

Post Re: Coopordie not working
i think i should have paid attention to what section i was in when i was thinking of posting this :oops:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:21 am Profile
Admin

Post Re: Coopordie not working (Steam version)
Hi widrea,

As far as I can remember, the Quake2 engine provided with the Steam version is not the last one (not the 3.20 release).

I don't know if you can update the game manually and continue to use it the same way through Steam. What I've personally done in the past is to copy the Quake2 folder outside Steam, applied the 3.20 patch, added the COOP or DIE files and played it outside Steam. I think you can start it from Steam like any other standalone game.

If somebody knows how to update the legit Steam Quake2 and play COOP or DIE, please, share your knowledge ;)

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:52 am Profile WWW

Post Re: Coopordie not working (Steam version)
Yes the Steam version dosn't come patched that was the only issue :D got it working now.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:50 pm Profile
 [ 4 posts ]