Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:24 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC

[ 3 posts ] 
 QUAKE 2 Browser(s) for Online Servers - Linking ALL Servers? 

Post QUAKE 2 Browser(s) for Online Servers - Linking ALL Servers?
Hello Guys & Gals!

I came across a Quake 2 Server Browser that was coded not too long ago. The problem i have its for tasteyspleen.net (typo?) and associated Servers. I'd like to know if anyone knows of OTHER Browsers? I want my Members to have access to servers as they want them. Perhaps someone could work with me here and inform me of a way around this so anyone can find a Quake 2 online game.

I don't know how anal the rules are here about "outside links" but I'm going to post the Server Lists I have. http://quakepc.webs.com/quakeservers.htm I know I could do better and I hope someone has a idea i didn't think of. I just don't like my members having to click on 3-4 websites and run one Quake 2 Server browser just to find a darn Server to play on. Be REALLY nice to have all of these in one place!

How many servers does coop or die have?
Finally- can anyone Rent/Buy or whatever a Quake 2 Server anymore from a gaming site? I see I can for Quake 3 but that's not what I want. How do you guys or where do you run yours from?
TYVM

UZI/MK

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:07 pm Profile WWW YIM
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: QUAKE 2 Browser(s) for Online Servers - Linking ALL Servers?
QUAKEPC wrote:
How many servers does coop or die have?

Well.. it's not a specific number: if you open coop or die and log in, the server is probably done :tongue: (depends if your ISP allows you to host servers on your IP, otherwise you have to use Hamachi)

Unfortunately, there are mostly 0 servers on :|.

QUAKEPC wrote:
Finally- can anyone Rent/Buy or whatever a Quake 2 Server anymore from a gaming site?

I don't think so. But you may run your server pretty easily by enabling 1 of the multiplayer modes:
-set deathmatch 1 --- enables the multiplayer deathmatch note.
-set coop 1 --- enables the multiplayer cooperative mode.
After that, people will either have to connect to your server using your IP , either using your Hamachi IP (this in case people can't connect to your server using your real IP).

Note: if you set both of those to 1 , either only deathmatch will be available, either you'll play COOP-DEATHMATCH :lol: (not sure since I didn't play Quake 2 in a while..); You can try doing this and then post on the forum what happened :P .

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:58 am Profile YIM

Post Re: QUAKE 2 Browser(s) for Online Servers - Linking ALL Servers?
As far as using my ISP for hosting a server. When I looked in my Router Settings I was happy to see this list for Game Severs.
DO You what I see? :-) I have U-Verse / which is AT&T in the US.

I actually did host Quake 2 and Quake 3 on the router-BUT- I was wireless then as I am now. It would DROP the server at anytime and never reboot.

Since I plan on Hosting AGAIN- I have a couple of options here.
1) I may take my 500mhz 128RAM Compaq
Set it up on my friends CABLE connection. I know with Quake III I could make changes easily. What am I looking at for setting up a Server with 3-4 Levels? I'd LOVE to get the "Keys Mod" where you can pick up certain colored symbols to get cool things. Like Invisible,Quake Damage,Unlimited Ammo of a certain gun and so forth. Unless you have a cooler one in mind?
Nobody is going to stay on the same Level over & over. I have MANY members asking me for a open server WITH Players on it.
2) I'd have to talk to someone locally who runs a store with a server. (Which that may be a dead idea now) Who still uses Outside file storage?
How would I use that Hamachi?
Thanks-

MK/UZI

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:14 pm Profile WWW YIM
 [ 3 posts ]