Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:11 am It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC

[ 4 posts ] 
 Crash to Menu? 

Post Crash to Menu?
So now and then when I'm loading a map it instead kicks me back to the normal Q2 main menu. When I exit and return to game I've lost my inventory as though I'd died. I'm running windows 7 x64, with non-steam Q2 with EGL. I tried Q2XP as well, which both did this and crashed to desktop when I went underwater. Does this happen to anyone else?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 am Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: Crash to Menu?
Crashing while in water sometimes hapens with the regular Q2 engine (when you use software instead of openGL). Try using the classic Q2 engine (on openGL , of course) and check if it crashes on it too. If it doesn't it might be because of EGL / Q2XP

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:45 pm Profile YIM

Unfortunately I cannot run Q2 vanilla on anything other than software. Default openGL crashes to desktop and any other option just kicks it back to software. I can try running software for a while to see if it happens again, but I'd REALLY rather not play it that way. :yell:

Does Evolved work with CoopOrDie?

EDIT: Just tried Quake2maX got a "Buffer Overrun" fatal error consistantly. No idea what that is...

EDITALSOEDITEDIT: Software seemed to work fine. However it still crashes underwater. >.<

MoreEditToAvoidManyPosting: So I think it may only boot me back to menu if I push a button while a level is unloading (before the "loading" screen appears but after the screen goes black at the end of a level). Not 100% sure yet but I've been playing for a bit on EGL with no problems being very careful to not push any keys during this time.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:33 pm Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Do you have an ATI video card?

Also, try this thing: http://www.coopordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=493 . It might repair your openGL problem.

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:57 pm Profile YIM
 [ 4 posts ]