Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:30 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 HELP PLEASE! ASAP 

Post HELP PLEASE! ASAP
Me and my friend want to join each other while playing coop or die mode. There is no servers in our server lists but my friends ip is in my address book and he has my ip in his address book. What are we suppose to do? :(

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:10 am Profile
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: HELP PLEASE! ASAP
i have same problem most of the time. I just know that the only solution could be hamachi program.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:27 am Profile

...There are no servers, because the most of the time no one plays.

As metalgamer1997 said, Hamachi is a good solution. (Search it on google)

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:00 pm Profile YIM

I have already looked it up and downloaded it. Before I set it up though is there any other solutions you guys have come across that I can try that are easier? 8-)

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:07 am Profile

Also before I use Hamachi, I will open the port 27910 on my router. The I will see if my friend can directly connect to me using the quake 2 console command open IP which I found out on this forum. I didn't know there was such a command for Quake 2. 8-)

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:19 am Profile

StroggGruntDOrs wrote:
I have already looked it up and downloaded it. Before I set it up though is there any other solutions you guys have come across that I can try that are easier? 8-)

i haven`t.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:15 am Profile

We can finally connect to each other when playing but there is still one problem. When my friend jumps in the water in outer base he get an error Quake 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close and then shuts the game down. Also I got an error in the console about something to do with a network packet issue from my friends IP and then my game shut downs. :(

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:33 am Profile

StroggGruntDOrs wrote:
We can finally connect to each other when playing but there is still one problem. When my friend jumps in the water in outer base he get an error Quake 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close and then shuts the game down. Also I got an error in the console about something to do with a network packet issue from my friends IP and then my game shut downs. :(

I have both these issues, the crash at jumping in water is by playing with software graphics, but for me it crashed with default open gl once.
And net getpacket issue is also i meet with some users like Delta.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:19 am Profile

I just have encountered another problem. I can't connect to my friend when he creates and hosts games again. And vise versa and it is the same friend. And this time it is happening when hamachi is running on my machine and his. I don't know what to do. This happens on more than just this game also, it happens in the normal quake 2 multiplayer, in Unreal co op mod and in nQuakepc multiplayer. Is anyone else having this issue? Can anyone help?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:46 am Profile

Well... are you using a router to get the internet connection, or is it just a normal cable connection?

Besides that, Hamachi should fix the most of the problems about hosting/joining a game (for those who are on the same Hamachi room).

Maybe one of you has problems connecting on Hamachi?

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:55 am Profile YIM
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next