It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC

New campaign added soon 
Admin

Post New campaign added soon
On many recent post the theme of a new campaign has be discussed. The Stench series was never finished by it's author, and cause some trouble in co-op mode (monster spawn).
So I plan to add a first new campaign during the June month.

My choice will be based on the Co-op certification laboratory review.
I currently have a preference for the PowerSphere quest.

A specific award for beating it in challenge mode will be created. If I remember well, this is a rather difficult mission.

Thu May 29, 2008 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo and trio

Post Re: New campaign added soon
Pat, that's wonderful, but um...
You have chosen yet another campaign full of trigger spawns and all. That's not cool. I played through it, not what I would want to see on COOP or DIE.

I suggest Premonition of Angron, now that's the campaign of Quake 2. Flawless, incredible, bugless, and the architecture is outstanding. Personally, I enjoyed it from every last bit. Please, take a look, and notice the difference between the campaigns. :roll:

I think you'll find this campaign much more pleasant. And it's hard, too. Great for COOP.

Fri May 30, 2008 4:23 am

That campaign was made for coop. It was insanely fun for coop. I played it with my brother - it was insane. I'm looking foward to it ;)

Fri May 30, 2008 4:44 pm

What? Premonition of Angron or PowerSphere?

Fri May 30, 2008 5:58 pm
Admin

I have played "PowerSphere quest" there is a long long time and I have only rediscover it yesterday. Yes it's right, it is full of trigger spawns, and near unplayable in solo.

Feel free to post any suggestion for the first campaign to add during the June month. But have in mind the cooperative gameplay aspect of the choice.

I currently donwload Premonition Of Angron which is also very well noted on the Co-op certification laboratory.

Edit : My first impression about "Premonition Of Angron" is very good.

Fri May 30, 2008 9:44 pm
Profile WWW

Pat AfterMoon wrote:
But have in mind the cooperative gameplay aspect of the choice.

That's why I rejected PowerSphere. You see, one player can go to a trigger spawn, while the other is at the location where the monster is supposed to spawn. And what happens? The monster kills the other player and the player has done nothing wrong. The map is to blame. That's why I suggested Premonition of Angron, a better campaign for coop.

P.S. I hope that there's going to be an award for beating it. :-)

Sat May 31, 2008 4:31 am
Admin

"Premonition of Angron" is on a good way to be added, except the fact I have several crash with this map.

I don't know if it is related to the coopordie dll, my evil Vista OS or something else, but with the classic engine and EGL I have many game shutdown in the first map with an "** index overflow **" error message.

Can you test this campaign and report me any bug. I have also noticed there are no coop spawn point, but it can be added through xmlrules.

Sat May 31, 2008 8:38 am
Profile WWW

I have tested the campaign and there are no errors of any kind occuring to me.

Regarding coop spawn points, I have noticed that Stench doesn't have any as well, so everyone in our party gets stuck in one place. A person has to run ahead in order not to be squished with the other party member. Maybe you should put Premonition of Angron and I'll test it ASAP. If there are any errors, I'll condump them and give them to you.

Sat May 31, 2008 10:22 am